Note to New Members ×

ISO smaller board rec

FTA2R

board for very crowded days, smaller sidecut, smaller overall length (157 at most), used is fine, able to hold edge well, 18 cm wasit width, not looking to break bank. no, i'm probably not good enough to ride the shorter Madd (and it's prolly too expensive), i'd buy used if in good condition. you can rec it anyway though. recs?

board for very crowded days, smaller sidecut, smaller overall length (157 at most), used is fine, able to hold edge well, 18 cm wasit width, not looking to break bank. no, i'm probably not good enough to ride the shorter Madd (and it's prolly too expensive), i'd buy used if in good condition. you can rec it anyway though. recs?
Could you list an order of priorities for

1. Sidecut (I'm going to suggest sub 10m)

2. Length (I'm going to suggest sub 170)

3. Waist (I'm going to suggest sub 20cm)

4. Price (I'm going to suggest sub $600)

Well, you kind of have a rather restrictive set of conditions. For one thing you demand that it be 158 cm or less in length removes virtually all but the tightest turning slalom boards. A 18 cm waisted board is kind of rare as well, the only board like that is the Madd 158. Maybe the Donek Pilot 157 since it also meets your requirement that it be cheap ($375). If you are willing to spend actual money on such a high specific requirement, then maybe the 157 Jogshin or the 157 Ssmcha SL from Donek ($600). If you don't mind putting aside the waist requirement, then I would recommend the Prior 4WD 159 (21cm waist, 8.5m SCR), Oxygen Proton 158SL (19.5w, 8.5mscr , cheaper too) or Renntiger SL 158 (19.5cm, 8.85m SCR). Actually if you are riding just a Burton Alp, heck get anything to replace that first... I started on a Burton Ultraprime 162 and my Madd 170 is way more stable at higher speeds and yet can also carve tighter turns as well.