Note to New Members ×

cool Burton Hardbooting T-Shirt

FTA2R

I'd wear either....the jibber for life shirt would be especially funny the next time I b*tch out one for bombing the hill after the terrain park because he apparently can't turn or stop and has no problem careening into a 3 year old...

Hate to be a Hater but as I asked the skiier last year while we were both nursing our broken ankles

"Is it snowboarders you hate or irresponsible hot-doggers? Because you remember those from 30 years ago, don't you?"

Bob and Phil are on to something!!

In the end, I probably would wear the Burton shirt, because on me I would mean it!

As for Alden's outfit, I'd wear that too. I actually had the same outfit but the green version of the jacket and purple pants. Safari headband, and purple-lensed Oakley Frogskins. Wish I still had it all, but my then g.f. borrowed the jacket and ripped it. Beeatch!

Sorry if I'm missing the point on this, but isn't it significant that they are having a go at people who can ride, but doing it by lampooning the fashions of years gone by. The two things (ability to ride, fashion) aren't actually connected. Silly marketing people.

I suppose you could make a T-shirt with someone "jibbing", and that would look pretty funny to anyone who isn't into aerial ballet. You wouldn't need to major on the fashion angle, although there would be no shortage of fashion victim images of "jibbers".

I'm happy to have Burton bother to try to slag alpine off. At least we know where we all stand. There was a time when snowboarding was the key thing, but Burton seem to have lost their way.

I thought it was cool, and wouldn't care that the joke's on me. (I still have my Safari and use it on sledding hills with the kids)

If you're considering a counter-shirt, what about a carver cruising past the Trix rabbit riding on a picnic table with the obvious, "Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids"? I bet Cap'n Crunch could lay out a mean trench...

I doubt it, otherwise I would have known what it meant. Half my snow friends are the stoner boarders anyway. Jib is "retro"

it went out for awhile in the late 90s but then the rail thing started getting huge and the term came back, I have heard skiers use the term so its common

might be regional though