Note to New Members ×

Fixing the Topsheet

Guest astan100

Guest astan100

Hey guys,

Somehow in my oh so careful summer storage, I managed to mess up my topsheet a bit. So, it looked like someone took a knife and shoved it into the sidewall of the board (maybe a few cm's down from the topsheet) and pulled up. So there is like a 1/2 inch section of topsheet peeling up with a slight bit of the board attached.

So, what do I do know? I could probably epoxy this thing to death, but should I just let a "professional" fix it for like 20 bucks? I just don't want to get water in the board because it's almost brand new and would hate to start ruining it already.

Let me know what you think.

-Allen

for $20 that is probably not a bad option. It doesn't sound like it needs tons of epoxy but just enough to fill the slit. When I have repaired sidewalls we used two part epoxy, clamps with flat metal plates (scrapers) to put pressure on both sides. I very lightly oiled the scraper so that I did not epoxy the scraper to the board. Don't know if this will help.

Jerry

Guest astan100

yeah, for 20 bucks, lord knows I'll do it wrong or something and then hate myself later.

If this was on an older board, I might try the fix myself. Keep the opinions coming though.