Note to New Members ×

NASTAR @ wachusset

bobdea

I tried getting a team together two years ago . . . I hit the tragic wall of finding a decent female team member. Sure, its all for fun, but we all get a little competative. With the fact that you MUST have atleast one female, and their score always counts . . . without a decent female, its tough to be competative. It also puts undo pressure on the female in that their score ALWAYS counts (unless there are two women on your team). This means, they arent ever "allowed" and off day that doesnt impact the team.

Any rippin females in MA interested?

Bob . . . you can ride in a skirt and count. . . right ;-)

~tb

Sorry- I know we talked about it. I decided that as somebody who usually only got twenty days in a season it would be a bit intense to all of a sudden compete on a ski team as well as a snowboard team having never raced before. :-( Good news: give me two years. Next season when I go to Switzerland I want to hook up with the Swoard guys and get some skills. I should be pretty good after that :biggthump

Can you have somebody to temporarily replace people? Like if the female can't make it or something?

I captain'd a team there for the past 5 seasons. Had a blast. They run a fine program. One of the largest Nastar night leagues in the country if not the largest.

Concerning female participation I was lucky. I found a girl who was fast on a soft boot set up. I tempted her over the first 2 seasons and by season 3 she was ripping it up on hard boots. Unfortunately for season 5 she decided to go off and have kids. Life sucks that way...

Highly recommend participating if you can. Skier gates and all.

Next season when I go to Switzerland I want to hook up with the Swoard guys and get some skills. I should be pretty good after that :biggthump

Skipuppy, The Swoard guys do rock in their own right. . . but there are pleanty of people local in the northeast that can get you there sooner than next year. Im sure that pleanty of people here, and elsewhere would be more than glad to meet up with you and get you ripping up the cord in NO time. Drop into the ECES or just meet up with any of us northeasterners this winter. Another excellent source would be all the guys that do sunapee every thursday (I believe) in feb.

back to racing!

~tb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dragonsword5

Does anyone know of NASTAR programs around the New Jersey/New York area? I think NASTAR is the only way I'd be able to do a race since every time I ask a mountain about a teams its only jump and halfpipe competition and my school doesn't have a snowboard team. :(

What a shame that people don't know about how great a sport this is.