Note to New Members ×

Booster Straps And SB 413's: Help!

utahcarver

I've got a brand new pair of Raichle 413's and I've got a pair of Booster straps. Should I find a place to attach them to the shell or boot cuff or cinch them down unattached to the boots? Any solutions appreciated.

Also, what problems can I expect with the lean mechanism that's on the 413's so that I can go ahead and get parts or be ready to make modifications? Can I add the new BOL/RAB when it gets in the store?

Mark

Guest Digger Jr.

I would strap them on unattached the first few times To see where you like them, and then rivet them in place. It's nice to have them attached ,so they don't slip when you sinch them down, and you won't missplace them.

The top buckle on the shells is what's in the way of threading the booster strap through the loops on the back of the plastic cuff. I'm not going to remove the buckle in order to have room for the strap. I can do what Digger said and wear it loose above the top buckle for a while until it feels comfortable.

Pat, yep, putting the SBH's up and saving them for pow days. I was very impressed with the response of the 413's last year at WTC. Going back to the SBH's was like putting on softies.

Mark

You should be able to add a booster to an SB 223 the same way (small screw or rivet)? What about cutting slots in the cuff so the strap can go through the boot like on the Stratos pros?

I just ordered a pair of SB 223s from Hardbooter (thanks tilledog!), but haven't actually got them in my paws. Got stratos pros already and like the way the straps attach through the cuff. :)

Cheers,

Mark