Note to New Members ×

WTB: Undertaker or other long swallowtail

skategoat

The 185 Undertaker should be delivered to my house by the end of this week! I've been looking for a 185 for almost 3 years now and thanks to being at home sick with the flu this morning I finally found one.

Which means that I would consider offers for my 198 Rossi Undertaker. Black topsheet, white stylized cross; white bottom, red stylized cross. Topsheet has some divots from bindings digging into the topsheet; has small scratches and dings from normal use.

Email for pics. (marboATprintwatkinsDOTcom)

Mark

The 185 is an all together different board. The 198cm is a narrow "Powder Rocket". The 185 is probably much more useable under more conditions.

Let us know what you think Mark. I love the swallowtail, but after breaking several. I only bring them out after the big dump after a couple other big dumps. Caught the tail of my last pow-pow on a "Frozen Appliance" , BAM! snapped it like a twig. My first white one ended up broke right in half (record 3' day at MHM) My fault, trying to cross a single cat track to get to another powder field (3' deep, cleared the other side , but only the base kept it together the rest of the run) Sad , but true. Have not been able to break a Tanker yet. They work in deep , less than ideal snow and I am not so freaked out when a jibber runs up on the tail. Road the 95 winterstick ST a few times , with it's pointy tail , I was always watching the tail in the lift lines. Sure is a cool ride though.

Admittedly, the 198 is limited to the number of days I can put it on the hill. It's best days are weekdays when the hordes are locked up at work and school. Trust me, you can open it up and let'er fly when the conditions are right. But, again, those days have been about 2 to 3 days a season.

That's the reason for the 185 purchase. The 185 is also more groomer-friendly and I figure I'll get about 6-7 days a season on it. I'll put TD2's on it first and maybe softies in the spring.

Bryan, I'll let you know about the 198 via email.

Mark

The shop near me has had an Undertaker (not sure size) for sale cheap (maybe 250?) If someone is really interested I could take a look at the specs and get a solid price and shipping. He's a good guy so I don't mind helping a sale. They don't sell many here in Michigan, we do get a few big dumps, but nothing steep or large enough to use the powder around here.. email at a.northrop@sbcglobal.net.