Note to New Members ×

BOL suggestion: Add a Resort Review section

skategoat

That looks good though I agree that it will neve stay on Topic if it's just a sticky thread...and it would be an admistrators nightmare to police it...better a seperate section that way each resort could be it's own thread and could be added to if others discover new secrets

as the official "B ombers U seful M ountain guide. In return for airfare, lodging accomodations, meals, nightly entertaiment, and unlimited access to the range of equipment available from Bomber, I will in turn subject myself to the rigors of evaluating all of the resorts in North America (US & Canada, gotta be fair right?) and then share those findings with my fine brothers & sisters here at Bomber On Line. I am prepared to totally commit myself to making run after run on dangerously groomed slopes, on a wide variety of equipment stopping only after my quivering legs can take no more punishment, then only to subject my body to the torture of seemingly endless nights of drinking various amounts of alcoholic beverages whilst in the company of lovely females bent solely on the sheer destruction of whats left of my emaciated body. Now wait, before the uprising cries of "No! Why should he have to endure this god foresaken mission?!" and the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothing over my completely unselfish act, realise that I give myself wholly and without thought to my own personal well being in order to bring to the alpine world the information it desperately needs. I can only hope that my own sacrifice will in some small way be appreciated for what it truly is, the quest for knowledge at any(other) mans cost.......Thank you

:ices_ange

ar(angel

If y'all want to sponsor me I'll be happy to fly back here to carvings last remaining home...Japan where alpine is an accepted artform not just a thing that geeks(like us) do. Besides there are so many more resorts in the Japanese alps that I never got to see...not to mention Hokkaido :biggthump Japanese cord reviewer right here reporting for duty

had a Renntiger 168cm that came up "missing" this year after sending it to Canada. Unfortunately I didn't have the serial number for that particular board so some low rent s.o.b. got the better of me on that one. My fault for not being more pro-active with regards to theft protection, but I was lulled into believing "it can't happen to me"

Thanks,

Paul

had a Renntiger 168cm that came up "missing" this year after sending it to Canada. Unfortunately I didn't have the serial number for that particular board so some low rent s.o.b. got the better of me on that one. My fault for not being more pro-active with regards to theft protection, but I was lulled into believing "it can't happen to me"

Thanks,

Paul

worst part is, the bastard probably was hoping for a freestyle deck, and just trashed the RT...

didn't mean to highjack your thread.....ncermak, the worst part was that it was my last 168, coulda sold a truck load if I'da had em. Saw the brand new Tigers in a shop in Mt. Shasta last weekend, the new topsheet is kinda cool, but at $650.00 retail I just shook my head and laughed,

oops, off topic again.... :(

Thanks,

Paul

Take a look at the resort reviews at www.alpinforum.com

They have a template for resort reports that everyone uses over there.

For example this report.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13664

For those who don't speak German, the fixed topics in the header are:

Resort, date from-to

Transport towards and from the resort

Weather

Temperature

Snow height

Snow quality

Open lifts

Closed lifts

Open slopes

Closed slopes

Lift most often used

Lift least often used

Waiting times at lifts

Positive points

Negative points

Overall verdict

The number of items about lifts etc is a bit much for my taste. But that's because this is a site for skilift freaks.