Note to New Members ×

Events: NSECS 2006 (carving in the Pyrenees) + ECS (Swiss)

Guest raphael

Guest raphael

You've certainly heard of ECS.

NSECS is a smaller copy held in the french Pyrenees.

Here is a copy paste of what i wrote on another forum (yeah i'm lazy, i know :D).

With a few alpine surfers, I organize a small event in the french Pyrenees this winter. It is called the NSECS (Not So extreme Carving Session, as a reference to the famous ExtremeCarving Session).

logo_phpBB.gif

== NSECS 2006 ==

Our gathering's idea originated from the EC forum ( http://www.extremecarving.com ) and from our passion for the work of Jaques, Patrice and Nils (the Swoard Extremecarver team). But there is no reason that we don't open to our cousins skwalers, monoborders, and other carvers. :cool:

... well you should at least read some of www.extremecarving.com website or you won't understand anything of what the participants are talking about ;)

Read the introductory home section here:

http://www.extremecarving.com/index.html

And the philosophy section here:

http://www.extremecarving.com/philo/philo.html

And of course looking at a video might help:

http://www.extremecarving.com/films/2003/mov/stoked1.mov

... Well this all is about ExtremeCarving. But our gathering is called Not-So-ExtremeCarving-Session. It means most of us can't do real EC and speak just normaly. ;)

The super good news is we will normaly have some demo Swoard snowboards.

Infos on the event here:

http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1623

Much more infos (in french, ask for translation if needed) here:

http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1622

BUT, this is not the official Extremecarving event.

Official international ExtremeCarving event is the ECS:

== ZINAL ECS 2006 ==

ECS06.jpg

http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1632

With lots and lots of riders, many demo boards, specialy groomed piste, advices by the masters of EC, restaurant, video, etc

Registrations are free of course. But be quick to register or accomodations will be hard to find.

Guest raphael

ECS and NSECS are easy to come to, because a lot of people are comming from far and might pick you up.

So don't think it's not for you at least if you live in Europe. If you look at it and it seems like something that you might enjoy, then ask for help on the extreemecarving.com forum (the right subjects are linked in the previous post). You will certainly find help and advices on one of the two events.

- NSECS is easy to go to from South-France, North-Spain and from London (actually London is far but is one of the cheapest way to come).

- ECS is easy to go to from Switzerland, France, West-Germany, Austria, Belgium and North-Italy.

Guest raphael

I'm surprised nobody answered.

Well, at least if you're not interested, could you tell why ?

(not living in Europe? not available at his period? not interested in Extremecarving or don't know what it is? didn't see this topic? ...)

Guest raphael
Living in California,

That sure is a reason not to come. Anyway, even if it is far, i'm happy California exists because that's where my Carveboard was build. So thank California for me ! (i don't car if it sounds stupid :D i'm really gratefull ).

picking my 2 weeks of vacation carefully. We don't get 6 weeks of vacation in the US.

Nor do i :(

Thanks for the the post though, it's nice to know what our fellow carvers are doing on the other side of the pond.

That's what's good with bomberonline, you know you're not alone. ;)

raphael:

The lack of response stems from a few things. In North America, carving in hard boots is a small niche discipline. Extreme carving is an even smaller niche of a small niche. I know of exactly two guys in North America who are dedicated to Extreme Carving and have the right equipment.

And speaking of equipment, you just can't get the stuff here. Swoards are way too pricey for the N.A. market. And Northwave 900 boots - forget it.

Good luck with the event. I'd love to be there but just getting a trip to Western Canada is a big enough challenge.

Henry

raphael:

The lack of response stems from a few things. In North America, carving in hard boots is a small niche discipline. Extreme carving is an even smaller niche of a small niche. I know of exactly two guys in North America who are dedicated to Extreme Carving and have the right equipment.

And speaking of equipment, you just can't get the stuff here. Swoards are way too pricey for the N.A. market. And Northwave 900 boots - forget it.

Good luck with the event. I'd love to be there but just getting a trip to Western Canada is a big enough challenge.

Henry

Well, there are definitely more than 2 EC carvers in N.America. I only have the old Knifer but will eventually get a Swoard. I already have the modified Northwave 900 and soon the F2 Race Titanium.

As for the Pyrenees, a little far from this side of the pond. With kids at home, it makes even more difficult. Zinal would have been the first choice if I were to cross to the other side.

PS Skategoat, could not make it to your meeting downtown, I will be at Skyloft midweek this year.

Raphael

I'm waiting for a new 168 M to arrive.The new swoards which are being made by Virus look great.I've always liked the EC style of riding because it reminds me so much of surfing.It"s totaly different from any of my other boards.Which I think makes it a good addition to the quiver.My surfboards range from a 6'6 rocket fish to 9'6 big wave guns and classic longboards as well.Its all good Race,EC, Freestyle let the good times roll.

Frank

Raphael, j'aimerais bien d'aller aux Pyrenees (that's not correct French, is it?), but like everyone else is saying, it's just a little too far to travel for a week of riding. I'm on the West Coast too - Oregon - so I'd want to make at least a four-week trip out of it. :) That means that it will have to wait until the next time I'm in between jobs, which could be awhile.

I guarantee you that everyone on this board would love to accept your invitation though, and if you post videos of your event we'll prove our enthusiasm by sending your bandwidth charges through the roof. :-)

Guest raphael

skategoat, drzone, Frank Morales>

Hi all,

Well i never thought anybody would come crossing the Ocean. You sure are all forgiven. But i'm surprised, because i thought bomberonline members were from all around the globe.

Raphael, j'aimerais bien d'aller aux Pyrenees (that's not correct French, is it?)
Not that bad. I'd say: "J'aimerais bien aller aux Pyrénées". Except that in frecnh we don't say "got to the mountain" but "go in the mountains". So it is: "J'aimerais bien aller dans les Pyrénées".

You did quiet good, nowadays most teenagers in France can't even write that correct.

, but like everyone else is saying, it's just a little too far to travel for a week of riding. I'm on the West Coast too

Again ? Is everybody here from west coast ???
- Oregon - so I'd want to make at least a four-week trip out of it. :)
That's wise
That means that it will have to wait until the next time I'm in between jobs, which could be awhile.

I guarantee you that everyone on this board would love to accept your invitation though, and if you post videos of your event we'll prove our enthusiasm by sending your bandwidth charges through the roof. :-)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif you're too kind icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Maybe i'll do that anyway... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest raphael
Hi Raphael

I'm just outside Toronto. I hope I can be in Zinal one day.

I actually learned to ski when I was 7 in the Pyrenees when we used to live in Toulouse.

Hey, I lived in Toulouse too, some years during my Universtity time. :cool:

We have some people from Toulouse coming to the NSE-CS.

I hope to see you someday in Zinal. ;)