Note to New Members ×

help with vermont trip

Guest Hopscotch

Guest Hopscotch

I'm headed up to killington next weekend... Anyone kno what the snow is like up there? This is my first time going up to vermont, and i don't kno what temp wax to use, or what to wear. Warm or cold?

Bobby's got it right - bring a board you hate. Or go to the local Liquidation World and pick up some hunk of junk. Killington is notorious for taking your money when they shouldn't even be open. You'll love the aircraft cables that lie across some of the runs. They do an amazing base grind.

I've been to Killington when they were open and selling lift tickets, but you still had to hike and download to do a run. While Killington is always the first to try and sell people lift tickets, they are usually not the first to be open in the "I'd like to snowboard..... on actual snow" sense.

I especially like that mystery particulate that resembles snow you trudge through at the lift entry. What the hell is that stuff anyway :confused::confused:

I believe that is a man made snow like substance that Killington is trying to prefect so that they can say they are the only east coast mountain to be open all year.

Killington was open the weekend of Oct 26-27 but promptly closed the next day. I was at my place near Okemo this weekend and it was warm enough work outside in shorts and t-shirt.

Party on, but don't plan on riding in the immediate future.

You won't need wax since you'll need put on what's called "BIG OFF-Road Wheels WAX" on your board in order to navigate the rocks, mud holes, drainage ditches, and fallen skiers. I've been there in October and November with some interesting and creative snowmaking that's made the runs very challenging and a bit dangerous.

Have Fun!