For sale New Oxygen 170 2002 limited edition

here are the specs:

Overall length: 170

Tip Width: 23.4

Waist width: 18.3

Tail width: 23.7

Effective edge: 153

SCR: somewhere around 11.2

I read somewhere around here that they only made 230 of them but not really sure about that.

It is new so I can't say how it rides. I have ridden the oxygen kr70 and the dangerous which seem to have similar specs but those were sandwich but both held well and were softer and this one is cap construction . The board flexes nice and the tip seems stiff enough.I would love to keep it but I have too many boards and will never ride it.

200$ plus shipping.

post-643-141842206446_thumb.jpg

post-643-14184220645_thumb.jpg

Does anyone here have first-hand experience riding one of these boards?

How stiff?

Edge hold?

Tail strength?

Looking at the dimesions, it is similar to the 173 Speeder RS and the softer Silberfiel or Donek Freecarve I.

Prior WCR , Nidecker and Volkl all have wider nose by 1cm and a little narrower tail.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=main_content vAlign=top align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="98%" align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=board_specs>Board</TD><TD class=board_specs_length align=middle>Donek FreeCarve171

</TD><TD class=board_specs_length align=middle>F2 SpeedsterRS 173</TD><TD class=board_specs_length align=middle>F2

Silberfiel

</TD><TD class=board_specs_length align=middle>Nidecker

Custom

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>Effective Edge</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>155</TD><TD align=middle>156.5</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>155.5</TD><TD align=middle>151</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>Side Cut Radius</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>11.2</TD><TD align=middle>14</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>11</TD><TD align=middle>11.2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>Nose Width</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>23.4</TD><TD align=middle>23.3</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>23.8</TD><TD align=middle>24.3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>Center Width</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>18</TD><TD align=middle>19</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>18.4</TD><TD align=middle>18.8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>Tail Width</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>23.4</TD><TD align=middle>23.3</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>23.7</TD><TD align=middle>23.7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=board_specs align=left>

</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>

</TD><TD align=middle>

</TD><TD class=board_features align=middle>

</TD><TD align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD class=border width=5></TD><TD class=right_column vAlign=top align=left width=150><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=146 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=sidebar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=146><TBODY><TR><TD class=main_content vAlign=top align=left>

Guest cloner8888

I am very interested. I am a newb carver looking for a good overall carving board. I used hard boots and plates on my old Burton Supermodel years ago and now I want to upgrade to something that actually carves and does not chatter and lose an edge. I am 155lb, 5'10". Do you think this would be a good board for me?

Guys I am getting a few emails...Derek has first dibs. I am waiting back for his reply as he was the first.

cloner 8888 I think this would be a good beginners carving board for someone of your size. I was actually getting ready to get a friend setup on it that was just starting out.

I think you are second In line if Derek falls through.

Thanks

Mike

I picked it up at the end of last season and only put about 5 days on it. It carved well and had a soft flex, but not mushy. Conditions were in the spring so it's hard to tell what it'll do in ice/hard pack. The reverse taper does make the tail "hook" alittle, but I liked the way it rode. It kinda reminded me of the way my Burner turns. I believe I posted a commentary on it last season about the tails completing the same turn performance but in different ways design wise. It's a good little board and very forgiving, so it should work fine for you cloner. Fit/finish was decent, mine came to me with about 10 runs on it and you couldn't even tell. For the price I think it's a good board.

Have fun,

Paul

post-857-141842206457_thumb.jpg