• 51 - 55
    • 56 - 60
    • 61 - 65
    • 66 - 70
    • 71 - 75
    • 76 and over

This poll is so obvious that nobody has done it yet. Here are the guidelines:

<ol>

<li>Use the average of your front and rear angle.

<li>If you have different stances for different boards/conditions, use the stance that you most commonly use.

<li>No softbooting stances please! It would mess up the numbers.

</ol>

Guest Pre School Rider

Yeah,right!! I've got three major binding settings in my hardshell set-ups.And that's just on the board I own,nevermind the ones I try out over the season,or beg/borrow from friend(some of whom are regular-footed,which would put in the severe negative numbers!) I've way more on my softboot set-ups. Just One? Aw,Man,and I was going to have so much fun skewing the poll numbers! I mean,what happened to Republicanism? A poll ain't fair if you can't bias it in your favor...

Guest soulrider

I agree w/Pre School but it seems I mess around with my soft setup more than the plates.

Just today I put the 'ol #3 phillips stubby w/cork on the end in my pocket because I knew after giving my 5 year old her 1st lesson I'd have to get a couple of warp speed runs to calm the nerves.

Soulrider try switching the phillips heads for 6mm "bolt" 5mm "wrench"allen head cap screws, The heads are strip proof and they can be torqued more than screws, IE they dont come loose Even without locktite. Been using them since 91 when I had to drill a stripped screw out of my burton 5.1 and install helicoil thread repairs.

Mike;)

Guest Pre School Rider

It seems to me that IF you've been riding awhile,and ride more than one 'type' of board,you'll have that range of angles that work with your body.I call that "splay",where the difference in my front/rear binding actually dosen't change much,even if the angles ridden change over 35*.I end up with a twelve degrees of difference from front-to-rear as my average 'splay',but my angles in softies can be as diverse as 9*F+ -6*R up thru 48*F + 39* R ,while my hardboot range goes from 27*F + 18*R up to 66*F+54*R.That means my 'Average' has to governed between 66* and -6*,which would be a tough numerical value to pidgeonhole in any statistical reference,unless you're an adept modern politician,wherein you'll claim victory because the numbers would Show that you've Won! So,I entered the Poll,based on what I'm most likely to be seen riding.It still dosen't matter,because the general public at any given mountain only gets to see about 20% of what I ride.the rest is on my own time,on my terms,and on terrain the rest don't go to.Heck,I wouldn't even be seen if i didn't wear a Red jacket,I'd just blend into the woods and disappear....

'cause you can only turn your rear foot so far w/a splitboard setup. 58/53 on a 173 Renntiger and 40/25 on a homemade 167 split w/a 21 waist! PSR is right about having different setups for different things 'cause I can't ride the big numbers in the moguls and have had to use the split at a resort for off-piste riding.

Guest Pre School Rider

Bordy,that's Exactly it! Put yer Toes and Heels over,but not past,the edge.In the poll,I can see that a goodly number of riders are riding pretty narrow sticks.That's cool,because that says they're riding the exact boards in bigger numbers,that the "coporate" snowboard gurus have said are extinct.I ride a bunch of boards,in different widths,for differing reasons,yet somehow,my toes and heels are pretty much in the same place in regards to the board's edges...

I ride about 67.5 front and 59.5 rear, but it feels like a skwal to me. Coming from a softboot world of 8 or 9 years, it was a tough switch to make cold turkey. The only problem is that I ride ski boots right now, and the front of my shins take a beating on anything but fresh groomers because of the lack of forward/rearward flex. But when I get Raichles I can reduce the angles some and get the flex I need. Of course, it doesn' help that I have size 13 feet and Factory Prime with 18cm waist. Best part about a Swoard? The fat waist!

PS. Let me know if you know of any 29 or 29.5 Raichles for sale! I need them badly!

Originally posted by klaucke

I ride about 67.5 front and 59.5 rear, but it feels like a skwal to me. Coming from a softboot world of 8 or 9 years, it was a tough switch to make cold turkey. The only problem is that I ride ski boots right now, and the front of my shins take a beating on anything but fresh groomers because of the lack of forward/rearward flex. But when I get Raichles I can reduce the angles some and get the flex I need. Of course, it doesn' help that I have size 13 feet and Factory Prime with 18cm waist. Best part about a Swoard? The fat waist!

PS. Let me know if you know of any 29 or 29.5 Raichles for sale! I need them badly!

Syd & Dusty's at Stratton had a few pairs of used big hardshells last spring - I sniped a set of 29s for my kid, but the others may stilll be there. I think there was a set of Burtons and another set of Raichles. In the meantime, if you're not still skiing in your current boots, it's not that difficult to soften them up by removing rivets from the back and sides of the cuff and even making small cuts in the shell. You'll want the cuts to be shaped like a steep "U", not like a "V". Take it a step at a time and remember that everything's softer in the warm house than it is on the hill. :p

Guest Pre School Rider

Has gone Corporate,and taken to the rail-sliding set in a big way.EVERYTHING in the store is of the "new + improved" Burton line,ie,you can get a dominant in a duck stance,but not even parts for last year's Mission binding.Don't even try looking for hardshells ON the mountain(well,First Run has Nordica "Coach" boots,the old SBH,but in a skier's flex,at a mere $550).The only shops catering to fast carving riders in 'the area' are the Starting Gate in Bondville,and Alpine Trader in Dover.