Note to New Members ×

Lemans Toe-hang

Guest bhheintz

Guest bhheintz

I just got my brand new Donek Freecarve II today - beautiful!

And I got my boots a few weeks ago - Deeluxe Lemans.

Unfortunately I have to wait a bit longer for my TD 2s to be ready.

I notice that at just about any acceptable angle, the sole of my boot protrudes past the shell a signficant distance.

Does anybody file off the corner of their boots to allow a greater flexibility with binding angles? (If any of this makes sense)

Thanks, and happy holidays to everybody!

~Benjamin Heintz

Guest Pre School Rider

It would be an unwise move to take material off your boot,so don't,please.Try instead to move the boot placement on your bindings towards the heels.This does mean moving both 'blocks' on the bindings,but it is in the long run the better thing to do.Another possibility is add lifters between the mount disks and the archplate if you've got TD-1's.If you have cateks,simply reset the canting adjusts equally,but higher.Longer bolts for cateks can be sourced from better machine shops,or from McMaster-Carr industrial supply.If you've got Burton,Emery,SnoPro,then you're doing what I first mentioned(toe/heel blocks moved back towards the heels),and maybe would have to make your own lifts using 3/8 nylon or HDPE cutting-board material,and mounting that under the entire binding to get the lift needed.And/or ride with higher angles to eliminate boot drag.