Note to New Members ×

who ordered a coiler this coming season?

bobdea

Does anyone here have a Wife who understands why we need to wait in line for a Coiler instead of buying a board from a store like every one else? I tell my wife that I should put my name in now for a board I will get in 2 years, she just rolls her eyes and says that I just bought a board, why would I need another.

They just don't understand do they?

I bought one for my wife.... she understands perfectly now :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transition? Googling... oh... it's a starter board (so I assume it is cheaper than a regular Coiler) hmm, 17.5cm waist is too narrow for my tastes, plus the weight range seems to be too small. I don't mind riding a women's board, but it seems to be made for someone lighter and with smaller feet than me (are there some modifications made to it). Else it seems like you are trying to jam a circular peg into a square hole (or at least an octagonal one :))

Lonerider - Not sure why you'd expect it to be cheaper than a "normal" Coiler. The same materials are used in the Women's models and the Transition models as the "men's" models. I discussed this at length with Bruce before I ordered Bonnie's FC 165. These models are simply designed for lighter riders.

I'd have to agree with the rest though, that the Transition 172 is probably not your board... since I've seen how well you ride a Madd 170, and I have the same board, and Bonnie's FC 165 is designed for a 130 pound rider and it's quite a bit more flexy than my Madd 170. (Although she has expressed interest in trying the Madd)

I bet you'd absolutely rock on a PR 178 (13.2 sidecut) built for your weight.

Lonerider - Not sure why you'd expect it to be cheaper than a "normal" Coiler. The same materials are used in the Women's models and the Transition models as the "men's" models.
Oh sorry... my quick reading of the description made me thing that is used slightly softer materials kind of like the Donek Pilot models.
As the body and skills grow, so must the board. Properly designed boards allow for proper advancements in technique and better race results.
This kind of made me think it was more of a "transitional" board for beginners.

:biggthump

My wife understands my Coiler-mania...

http://geocities.com/timoteo65/CoilerSceneLow.wmv

One thing comes to mind.......You're not a snowboarder but you play one on TV.

Nice little movie it sure made me laugh. :biggthump

Be sure to film her anger after the first night you bring the board to bed with you. ;)

I think I will go down to the shop and mount my new bling bling Cateks on my

172 AM

so what this time a 161 with 157cm of edge???

Sounds about right! 161 with a 14.7m or so side cut.. short board that can handle at speed with as much edge contact as humanly possible short enough to get throught tight croweded paths then let it open..and not get too unstable at speed and high side ya!.. The opposite of a long turny board..

Hopefully Bruce will have this all figured out this year!! :smashfrea

Right Said Shred :sleep:

Sounds about right! 161 with a 14.7m or so side cut.. short board that can handle at speed with as much edge contact as humanly possible short enough to get throught tight croweded paths then let it open..and not get too unstable at speed and high side ya!.. The opposite of a long turny board..

Shred,

Wow, thats pretty nutzo! I always wondered how a short board with a large sidecut would ride. The closest thing to that is perhaps a 164 proton (~13m sidecut?).

You MUST give us a ride report on this "Infiltrator" when you get it! :eplus2:

Hey, Fleaman, IIRC you are an Apex local? I should get my orange-flamed am172 out your direction, that would be quite the pair!

Yes I am a local at Apex, a Patroller to be exact.

There are a few hardbooters here but nothing too serious. The mountain lends itself to all mountain setups though.

I would be more than Happy to show you around if you are in the area.

and yes it would be cool to see the two boards side by side.

Yes I am a local at Apex, a Patroller to be exact.

There are a few hardbooters here but nothing too serious. The mountain lends itself to all mountain setups though.

I would be more than Happy to show you around if you are in the area.

and yes it would be cool to see the two boards side by side.

Im riding pretty much the same board as you here at SS....not alot of carvers here either...well have to hook up this season and lay down some COILER TRENCHES :biggthump

Hopefully Bruce will have this all figured out this year!! :smashfrea

Right Said Shred :sleep:

Shred I hope your not going to butcher one of Bruces masterpieces :o like you do with most of your boards----lol..................... :eplus2:

Im riding pretty much the same board as you here at SS....not alot of carvers here either...well have to hook up this season and lay down some COILER TRENCHES :biggthump

As crazy as it sounds, I have ridden here in Penticton for 2 years now and have gone nowhere other than Apex. I really would like to travel around a bit but family commitments take precedent first. Maybe this year will be the year.

• 2 months later...