Note to New Members ×

Do alpine boards *actually* suck in powder?

Guest DruckenCarver

Guest JohnSch

Phil,

Looking at it another way, what hardboots and bindings do you ride in powder?

As for the Fish design, Option's Northshore and Lib Tech's Snow Mullet now emulate it, great flattery!

I started riding hard boots last season after 13 years of riding soft boots. The biggest attraction for this was the versatility of the bindings. I have always preferred to ride with a cant and the soft bindings ( except for the new catek) are just not as adjustable. I ride powder in a pair of raichle 122's in the walk mode. I also find the boots more comfortable. The bake to fit liners are the best. Also just like to say thanks to this site for all the info about carving. It's good fun to read as well. The bottom line is remember it's all about having fun no matter what your riding!!!

Oh yeah this started out being about boards. To me it is the stiffness of the board that makes the carve board less desireable than a powder board in the fluff. Although I did ride my 169 ultra prime in a foot of powder last week and was smiling the whole time.