Note to New Members ×

What Soft boot set up do you ride???

Guest Jon Rutherford

Originally posted by Mark Jeangerard

Highbacks do not come into play when controlling the snowboard but are there only as a safety device, to keep the ankle from opening too far under unplanned loads.

I've heard other people say this too, but I just don't get it. I need those highbacks to lean on in order to get some edge angle on heelsides. In fact, I need those highbacks to have a whole whack of forward lean or I just can't get the board up high enough to carve a decent turn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Baka Dasai

I've heard other people say this too, but I just don't get it. I need those highbacks to lean on in order to get some edge angle on heelsides. In fact, I need those highbacks to have a whole whack of forward lean or I just can't get the board up high enough to carve a decent turn.

Yeah I gotta agree here I rode yesterday morning with no highbacks in powder but by lunch and the crude came in I was off to the locker and the ten minutes it took to add support. I would judge this akin to y'all riding in walk mode. Highbacks for safety might be a jibber issue but for the cruising crowd with softer boots highbacks are a performance issue

Guest Mark Jeangerard
Originally posted by Gecko

Highbacks for safety might be a jibber issue but for the cruising crowd with softer boots highbacks are a performance issue

Nope, it's a carver with soft boots issue.

Originally posted by Gecko

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons...

For you are crunchy and taste good with catsup

I love that quote. Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I know that. I remember it fondly, but know not from whence it came. ?

Originally posted by Mark Jeangerard

Nope, it's a carver with soft boots issue.

I love that quote. Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I know that. I remember it fondly, but know not from whence it came. ?

yes well we all have our vices...my case I'm too poor for the hard boots and bindings I want

as for the Quote it was originally taken from JRR Tolkien and it read

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"

Somewhere along the line I'm sure a gamer developed the catsup part...I stole it fair and square from a motorcycle buddy:D