Note to New Members ×

Motorcycle safety course. (boston)

~tb

Alright you boston folks. . . finally got of my a$$ and have signed up for the motorcycle safety course. Granted. . . I know I should have done it at the beginning of summer, not the end, but I didnt have any time then. So, im doing it on Oct, 7,8 and 9 out in Acton Ma. Anyone intersted in joining me?

Anyone want to give me a bike? :1luvu:

:eek: I just want my bike back (storage for 3 years)...I hear there are good roads in NE Conn for riding...it will be hard come Feb not tofire it up and go ride...I guess I better pray for lots of snow so I'm otherwise occupied :ices_ange

• 2 weeks later...

Been talking to Bob about his R6. Im not too concerned about it being too much to start as I know how to take it easy. . . And would be a great bike to grow into. Just a little more $$ than I wanted to spend on my first bike. . . especially with no seat for the wife!

I made on commitment to myself though that I would buy NOTHING Before I completed the course, had my liscense, and was sure I should be buying a bike. I was Checking out the SV650. Nice looking bike. But there is something to be said for knowing the previous owner of the bike. . . and that he is flippin anal!

~tb

Sorry TB Bob and I took that a few years ago, it will be great to add another carver to our riding group. I'd check out Motomarket in Acton for riding gear, they have some great stuff there. Riding two up on Bob's R6 wouldn't be fun for Vanessa. Bob's bike is in great shape, he's nice enough to let me ride it next week on our 7 state ride :) . Bob woudln't ride her in the rain because it takes him to long to clean the R6 after. Jeff Day has the SV650S, and last I spoke to him he was looking at other bikes, not sure if he is still thinking about getting rid of his bike.

Jack you riding on some of the leg next week?

Just a little more $$ than I wanted to spend on my first bike. . . especially with no seat for the wife!

Go for it. Bob has the passenger pegs and seat. Chances are excellent that you won't get committee approval for funds for another bike for quite some time, especially after you start a litter. So you may as well get something that will last a long time now!

Geoff, doesn't look good for me and that ride next week, but there is a slim chance. We'll see.

I just finished the BRC last week, and now I have my license! Time to buy, beg, borrow or steal a bike to practice on!

Tonnes of fun!

Good luck and be safe!

FYI: I think that wheelie school, or one like it, comes to Watkins Glen once or twice a year. And there is a superbike racing school that definitely comes to the Glen twice a year as well, but off the top of my head, I don't know what it is called.

Guest Randy S.

TB, great call. The MSF course should be a requirement for everyone before getting their first bike. Sounds like you have the right attitude toward riding safe.

Tommy, let me know when you'll be out in CA, you can ride my bike if you want. If I still have it.

I went to the MSF (required by the Navy) and then the Advanced course (offered on the AirForce base in Hawaii) at both I learned a lot but the most I learned was at track days in Hawaii...mind you not racing just doing laps...I got a bigger discount on my insurance from that than from either of my MSF courses...it was a pain to prep my bike for the track, thankfully since I didn't want to race I didn't have safety wire it, but worth every minute regardless. I would recomend that everyone who rides a motorcycle spend a day on a track with instruction...it does wonders for your throttle control and braking judgement.

I understand you are returning to NE (Or have returned) You should join us for our rides (Motorcycle and snowboard) We've got a good bunch of guys.

On the motorcycle front, I'll post pics of the big ride next weekend. A 7 state ride with 14 riders. 4 of which are BOL people.

Bob,

yes I am returning to New England after a long (17 years) hiatus, well other that a few visits to my parents. I should have my Snowboard sometime in Jan and my Bike sometime after that however the bike has spent 3 years in storage and will need a visit to the doctor/dealer before it's ready to ride (Jan in newengland isn't really motorcycle weather anyway :rolleyes: ). I do want to meet up with y'all to ride though in truth I know that I'll likely be lagging...I haven't had enough days in the last 3 years to make up for the previous decade of not snowboarding (though I did surf and skateboard all that time...life in the tropics)

I'm also looking for some carving instruction for my wife, she is a long ago skier who just started skiing again I bought a SL board and bindings in hopes that she would learn but I know that teaching her is beyond me; I learned long ago not to teach my wife it makes for a better relationship :smashfrea if she doesn't pick it up then I have a small board for the crudy days

One the motocycle front both my wife and I ride though small bikes, her a Ninja 250 and me a Buell Blast. We prefer country roads taken slow enough to enjoy the sights. Thanks for the invite I'll be sure to stay in touch

you would have enjoyed my seat at last Sundays Japan GP...Front straight next to the Suzuki chearing section...Hopper put on a good show on the last lap Wheelieing the front straight at +100mph :biggthump

Wachusett has always been a fun place to get runs in, nice to know that they have good instruction as well...I may get a lesson for myself there.

Thursdays will likely be pretty hard for me. The US Navy will have issues with me snowboarding during the weekdays but I will try.