Note to New Members ×

Help! Raichle shell sizes...

klaucke

I found a set of used Raichles, mondo 28.5. I have US 12.5-13 feet, or mondo 29.5-30. Is the raichle 28.5 shell the same used in the 29.5 or 30? If they were a little snug, could heat fitting the thermoflex liners help remedy this? My feet aren't actually that big, they are reasonably slendor and only my "index toe" really goes to the 12.5 or 13 length. Also, the boots only had 3 buckles and then a "powerstrap" thingy, but I've heard all the 4 buckle raichle's were good; are these still good boots? They are model 724. Thanks a lot for looking, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

post-459-141842196207_thumb.jpg

As far as I know the shells are sized such that one shell covers the whiole size and the half size, e.g. one shell for 28.0 and 28.5, a larger sheel for 29.0 and 29.5, etc. Only the standard liner comes in half sizes, thermoflex liners only come in full sizes.

So no, a size 28.5 probably wouldn't fit you. Unless, that is, your feet are like mine and shaoped just right so that, with a Thermo liner, they are actually happy in a "downsized" shell. My feet measure 26.5 and 26.7 and I actuallky prefer a 25 shell.

Keep in mind the Rauchle shelss come in several parts, and each of them might be stamped with a size range. The one that matters most is the bottom part.

28 is close to a size 10, you can squeeze (read "race fit") a size 11 foot in with Thermoflex liners, but that's it. I'll bet if you put your foot in the boot without the liner, you'll have less than one finger's width of space behind your heel if your toes are touching the front. These shells are too small for your feet. 29 is an 11, and 30 is a 12.

Guest Joe Marksz

I've gone down 2 sizes with a similar Raichle shell but it's only possible with the Thermoflex liner. It would never work with the stock liner. I use a 225 in a size 26 shell and I have a 28 foot. Don't really know anything about that model but I'm not a big fan of 3 buckle boots.