Note to New Members ×

OT: since we're all bored in the summer..

Aisling

You guys need to take up waterskiing. A little harder on the body physically, but great carving equivelant and the crashes (usually) don't hurt as much

:)

sounds expensive... and i'm a broke-ass student... especially after i just bought a new car. DOH.

You see, I would, but, um, I am sort of, you know, have, ah, other commitments, like, hmmm, going to the snow.

Six Flags sounds pretty cool, but down here it is winter, so we tend to spend our spare time refining our snowboarding skills for SES 2006. :biggthump

(sorry to rub it in) :o

sounds expensive... and i'm a broke-ass student... especially after i just bought a new car. DOH.

...waterskiing/wakeboarding doesn't need to be expensive. If you want to give it a try - try to find a waterskiing club in your area.

Here in the bay area we have fun and syn. You pay $100 per weekend (same price as two lift tickets) plus camping cost (usually cheaper than staying close to a ski resort in the winter). The price for the weekend includes equipment rental...

...and from what I learned - waterskiiers/wakeboarders tend to throw good parties!

Hagen.

You see, I would, but, um, I am sort of, you know, have, ah, other commitments, like, hmmm, going to the snow.

Six Flags sounds pretty cool, but down here it is winter, so we tend to spend our spare time refining our snowboarding skills for SES 2006. :biggthump

(sorry to rub it in) :o

blah blah blah rub it in dan. haha

check back with me in january ;)

...waterskiing/wakeboarding doesn't need to be expensive. If you want to give it a try - try to find a waterskiing club in your area.

Here in the bay area we have fun and syn. You pay $100 per weekend (same price as two lift tickets) plus camping cost (usually cheaper than staying close to a ski resort in the winter). The price for the weekend includes equipment rental...

...and from what I learned - waterskiiers/wakeboarders tend to throw good parties!

Hagen.

well we'll see... $100 in one weekend is a lil over the top at the moment haha

blah blah blah rub it in dan. haha

check back with me in january ;)

January I plan to be surfing (I live at the beach), then I go snowboarding in Japan, then going to SES, then back here for the World Life Saving Championships. But even though that is a good line up, I think you will still win! :(

as long as I can plan it out and nothing comes up such as everyone quits at the cat house or something like that

I will be heading to burlington VT on the 5th or 6th though (gotta get the $6 shoes and maybe a pair of softies at the Burton factory sale)

well we'll see... $100 in one weekend is a lil over the top at the moment haha

...you're right, not cheap. But also not more expensive than snowboarding for a weekend. ...and it can be a lot of fun like snowboarding.

:cool:

scary.

so you're gonna teach me, Willy? :confused::eek:

haha

or did you have a place in mind for me to check out? i'd prolly have to get a normal bathing suit... or do you wear a wetsuit? i know nothin about summer water sports.

2 pieces i am sure aren't conducive to being pulling through the water as you fall inevitably into the ocean though. lol

I'll be there this weekend - probably Saturday 7/30 - in the waterpark with my son...but I could leave him w/ my wife for a few turns on Superman or Batman...if that's not too soon for you all...

Love the initial drop on the Superman ride...

i think my bro is in town that day so its too short a notice unfortunately... otherwise i'd go saturday, no show that night :)

have fun though! and yeah, the initial drop kicks ass... especially from the front seat :cool:

Bordy and his wife (the lovley and talented Christy) are staying with me for a few weeks while visiting family and friends. I was gonna see if they wanted to hit the park soemtime during the week of the 8th through the 12th. (or even the week after)

I can even get tickets for $25 through the corporate juggarnaut I show up to every morning. (who needs raises when we have six-flag tickets...whoo-crap)

Ailsing, there'll be a seroius rock, paper, scissors battle if there's only one front seat left on superman...

Bordy and his wife (the lovley and talented Christy) are staying with me for a few weeks while visiting family and friends. I was gonna see if they wanted to hit the park soemtime during the week of the 8th through the 12th. (or even the week after)

I can even get tickets for $25 through the corporate juggarnaut I show up to every morning. (who needs raises when we have six-flag tickets...whoo-crap)

Ailsing, there'll be a seroius rock, paper, scissors battle if there's only one front seat left on superman...

oh i am really good at rock, paper, scissors... so watch out!

if its during the week i might be able to get wednesday the 10th off... gotta check though

yeah thats a nice company you belong to... last year the dr i work for took us all out to eat at this fancy shmancy italian place (bought wine and everything!) and then took us all out to see cirque du soleil... with awesome seats.... i was told by the secretary she does this type of thing every year... i wonder whats in store this sept...

Oooops my bad looks like it'll be the following week the 15-19th. I'll narrow the exact date down next week. But I was thinking the Tuesday or Wed as one of Bill's and my other buddies usually has one of those days off.

I'm also having a house party on the 13th but I'll start another thread for that.

Oh you just don't know the power of my paper, the sharpness of my scissors and the hardness of my rock!!!!! Wait, I didn't mean....awww forget it.

Anybody else?

Guest Randy S.

I'm also having a house party on the 13th but I'll start another thread for that.

Hmm. I'll be in NH on the 13th. Was planning to go straight to the lake, but maybe I could talk my sister into a detour. I arrive very early in the morning, plan to play some golf near Boston Friday morning, then drive up to Winnipesaukee in the afternoon before traffic gets too ridiculous.

Randy