Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i'm an irish step dancer!! but i only perform for money or trophies LOL

i had a bajillion people in my house sat and sun... it was great!!! what an awesome weekend. :)

looks like somebody got into mom & dad's liquor cabinet

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQ-biCsdGc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQ-biCsdGc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hey i'm an irish step dancer!! but i only perform for money or trophies LOL
Our school was getting paid for the performances. The two teachers are fresh TCRGs, only a year past their open championship competition days, and both have been to worlds several times. So the pub-goers got quite a show.

looks like somebody got into mom & dad's liquor cabinet

>

not to be a PIA but i find nothing less amusing than people attempting to do irish dancing and doing it horrifyingly badly... maybe cause of the scars i got from years of dance lol

not to be a PIA but i find nothing less amusing than people attempting to do irish dancing and doing it horrifyingly badly... maybe cause of the scars i got from years of dance lol

I agree, particularly with dancing, if you can't do it properly, don't embarass yourself by doing it at all.

That's why for my wedding I am trying to find an independent contractor who is prepared o do the dancing in my place!!! :biggthump

I dunno why people get worked up over that video. On youtube, there's a bunch of comments from REAL step dancers, such as yourself, that were upset over making a mockery of this sacred dance.I do know a fair amount about the dance, my old girlfriend in Colorado, Patty, was an accomplished step dancer as well. Sweet little lass she was and snowboarded well, too.

I don't get miffed when I see people attempt to carve on an alpine board and do it poorly...and I have scars/broken bones from years of carving :p

We had a very mellow St Pat's day cross country skiing and going for a ride on the motorcycle.

that's right, I said WE. :)

Yaaaahhh I saw that too. I thought it was kind of weird to go for a ride on a motorcycle with the dog.??????

Sounds like a nice time. happy for you. Joy.

Or maybe because of all the thousands of dollars you (or more likely your folks) had to sink into it.

Here's my daughter from a couple of years ago, she's the one in the middle.

I dunno why people get worked up over that video. On youtube, there's a bunch of comments from REAL step dancers, such as yourself, that were upset over making a mockery of this sacred dance.I do know a fair amount about the dance, my old girlfriend in Colorado, Patty, was an accomplished step dancer as well. Sweet little lass she was and snowboarded well, too.

I don't get miffed when I see people attempt to carve on an alpine board and do it poorly...and I have scars/broken bones from years of carving :p

i dont think of it as 'sacred' per se... i just find it annoying... everyone's different ;)

Or maybe because of all the thousands of dollars you (or more likely your folks) had to sink into it.

Here's my daughter from a couple of years ago, she's the one in the middle.

yeah... my folks did and as i've gotten older i have spent thousands... designed my own competition dress too :1luvu:

Met the most fantastic guy I could ever hope for in my life. All I can say is that he is amazing, and makes me very happy. My friends love him, he loves my dogs, and he loves where I live and my lifestyle. Most important, he's got a lot of respect for me which is so important. Perfect, right?? Yep, he's got it all - except an American passport. He came here to visit me for almost 3 weeks and tried to look for ways he could get a work visa but the stupid-Us-gov-post-911 makes it next to impossible. We've looked at all the visa options but he's not a student and it's difficult to find a company to sponsor a work visa in just a short time.

Any suggestions? We're both exhausted trying to find ways to allow him to stay here legally, but don't want to give up hope.

Go to canada or mexico and walk back across the border!:eplus2:

IT has worked just fine for millions. Really, its a tough situation its very difficult to get in legally and simple to get a fake greencard, say $500 would do it.

They should quit fighting about how to reward the illegals and work on rewarding the good people of the world that would love to come here legally and actually become 'AMERICAN':angryfire

my .02

It's so true! He actually has skills and can contribute to the society, speaks English (even if it's Australian :rolleyes: ) and wants to do it the right way - legally! The stupid US gov makes it impossible.....still trying. Just got another lead today, so we'll see what happens from there.

getting a marriage license is just as easy as getting a dog license.

bing bang boom and start filing paperwork with INS.

been there, done that

ID Requirement:

In Colorado, you will need to bring government issued ID such as your drivers license, visa, passport, state or military ID. Bring your social security cards, too.

Residency Requirement in Colorado:

Neither one of you have to be a resident of Colorado. Colorado is a great state for a destination wedding!

It's so true! He actually has skills and can contribute to the society, speaks English (even if it's Australian :rolleyes: ) and wants to do it the right way - legally! The stupid US gov makes it impossible.....still trying. Just got another lead today, so we'll see what happens from there.

Might be kind of early to think about the "M" word, but ?????

:1luvu:

you could do the guy a favor and get hitched! who knows it might just work out:biggthump I would do your research first though odds are if he got married here it could still take as long as 3-4 years to get his papers and he could stay here in the meantime but if he went home for a visit he couldn't come back until the papers came through. Some consulates etc are backlogged several years or more. If you went to the land downunder and got hitched the paperwork would be much quicker.:freak3:

Traveling in a fried-out combie

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous

She took me in and gave me breakfast

And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?

Where women glow and men plunder?

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover."

Don't think that we don't know

Don't think that we're not trying

Don't think we move too slow

It's no use after crying

Saying

It's a mistake, it's a mistake

It's a mistake, it's a mistake

post-123-141842231226_thumb.jpg