Note to New Members ×

Ozempic - Anybody Else Here Using It For Weight Loss??

barryj

Prescribed by my cardiologist to help combat an extremely high 170/110 BP I've had consistently since my collision 16 months ago.  We had tried all new combinations of new BP drugs to no avail so we decided to fight the weight gain I've acquired the last 5 years from the original BP meds I had been taking.  

Ozempic works but I would not call it a miracle drug .  I started out on it at 235lbs. March 29 and today I'm down to 215.  My goal is 210

So I've lost 20lbs. in 6+/- weeks/42 days

The medication does help with not getting hungry and  feeling full after much smaller meals...............but I feel I  have had to work at it and am motivated more by the progress I'm tracking on the graph/chart I created....... I'm driven to get/watch my graph to move Down!

Since starting the medication there were three weeks in the middle were I didn't see any loss for 6-8 days and  I'm snowboarding most every day, weight training 3x week and road bike riding 100+ miles a week.....on top of eating less.

Losing the 20lbs. has had a tremendous effect on my BP....I'm consistently at or below 120/80 now!  But I don't feel any different, you know, not lighter or more agile. The only thing I have noticed is how my pants are looser......in fact Nobody has even noticed or stated any  awareness  of my 20lb loss.  But I'm 6'2" and broad in the shoulders so I guess I carried the extra weight well ??                       I wrestled in HS at 230lbs and in college at 250lbs......but you know that was more bulk/muscle way back then compared to my tubby 235 most recently.   

I'd say the only noticeable side effect for me so far is constipation/reduction in bowel movements.......but not as much is going in so it makes sense not  as many trips to the bathroom needed.

Anybody else here on Ozempic??

That’s over 3 lbs/week which is pretty tough to do through normal diet and exercise. Congratulations on your success! Not on the stuff myself though I do have blood pressure issues. Ramipril works fine for me and has the least side effects of any bp med so I will stick with it. 

15 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

3 lbs/week which is pretty tough to do through normal diet and exercise.

Hey  Neil,

Hmm....hadn't thought of it in those terms as I really feel I've had to work at it....it just didn't happen.  Here's my progress in graph form and as I mentioned, for me it's kept me More motivated to (eat even less, exercise even more)  see my progress/results on paper!   I hit 214lbs. Today!  :ices_ange

Heading out the door now for a 60 miler bike ride up to the summit of Mt. Rose 8,911ft. elevation from Squaw here at 6,200  :biggthump

1.jpg

• Like 1