Note to New Members ×

FS: SG Bindings

jburk

For sale are two three sets of SG bindings with the standard bails, all sets are complete with all small parts that ship when new, nothing is stripped or missing:

• 8 (new) M6 x 12- I've included new binding mounting hardware in each set, replacements are identical to stock (I replace these every year, so have a box of them from McMaster-Carr).
  • 4 canting wedges
  • 2 heel lift kits
  • 4 x M6 x 35mm bolts for the lift kits
  • 4mm wrench

All sets are in good shape; these things are pretty much indestructible, and I've usually weighed between 170-180lbs when these saw most of their use, so there's been no "clydesdale wear and and tear".

$325 for one set, $600 for two, $875 gets you all three plus 1/2 of the shipping costs from Portland, OR. 

PXL_20230430_215750602.jpg

PXL_20230430_214436596.jpg

• 4 months later...

TTT bump. 

Have 3 sets of these for sale now, switching over to MS and the alternate bail size. Was more effective to buy new sets of MS-compatible SGs and put these up for sale, rather than just buy new toe (heel?) bails and have the old sets sit on the shelf. 

21 hours ago, jburk said:

TTT bump. 

Have 3 sets of these for sale now, switching over to MS and the alternate bail size. Was more effective to buy new sets of MS-compatible SGs and put these up for sale, rather than just buy new toe (heel?) bails and have the old sets sit on the shelf. 

Don’t you just need the heel bails? And, I love those bindings… finally got me off TD3s! 

Yes, think it's just the heel bails. But they're inordinately expensive, even when quoted by Ivan. 

So when I did the math, and assuming I can get a decent price this season for the used std bail bindings, the price difference between buying just the bails or buying new (MS bail) and selling (used, std) old wasn't that great. And I wouldn't end up with three sets of std heel bails on the shelf (not much resale opportunity for those).

• jburk changed the title to FS: SG Bindings - three sets
On 9/2/2023 at 8:25 PM, jburk said:

Yes, think it's just the heel bails. But they're inordinately expensive, even when quoted by Ivan. 

So when I did the math, and assuming I can get a decent price this season for the used std bail bindings, the price difference between buying just the bails or buying new (MS bail) and selling (used, std) old wasn't that great. And I wouldn't end up with three sets of std heel bails on the shelf (not much resale opportunity for those).

Jesus, how much are they? And, with mine a set was included…. 

2 hours ago, bobdea said:

Jesus, how much are they? And, with mine a set was included…. 

The price for the lower bail set to convert my std bindings to NW-compatible was north of 100 EUR each (not going to quote exact pricing, since Ivan @ carver.si doesn't post his prices). 

So instead of ending up with three std height heel bails on the shelf, I chose to put the complete bindings up for sale and buy new NW-compatible completes. Once the three sets posted here sell, I should be relatively close out of pocket to what those three NW bails would have cost me.

22 minutes ago, Treebeard said:

Actually, two of the pairs probably have less than 10 days on them or less.

Kind words, but I think the minimum number of days on any one set would be around 40.  That said, they all do include new M6 x 12 mounting hardware.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have all 3 sets still, and they're the newer version that is multi-sized. The toe and heel sleds now have two sets of t-nuts for swapping between small and large. 

From the SG website:

They can easily be adjusted to fit any sole lenghts from either about 235mm to 275 or 260mm to 300mm in a minute or two. No technical skills or special tools required!

Can send a pic of needed. 

• jburk changed the title to FS: SG Bindings - two sets
  • 2 weeks later...