Note to New Members ×

Deer Valley Paltrow Case...

rjnakata

23 hours ago, barryj said:

As to cameras.........I do a 100-150 miles a week road biking and I have  a  Fly6 bike light/camera unit on my seatpost for covering my backside.  Thank goodness haven't need it yet accident wise but I feel it does provide me with some peace of mind just in case!

Hmm....I put in 100+ days on the mtn. .....maybe I ought to start wearing it on the slopes.!!! :freak3:

https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/

I don't like to think about having a "dashcam" watching behind me in case the worst happens but maybe it has come to this. It would only be useful in the event that I was hit from behind and I would likely be injured and lawyers are involved. When I used to ride weekends I wore a spine protector "just in case". It was a pain riding the lift. I no longer wear it and hope that I never need it. 

How much of a nuisance would it be to set up the Fly6 and remember to turn it on every morning?

15 minutes ago, JohnE said:

How much of a nuisance would it be to set up the Fly6 and remember to turn it on every morning?

No big deal, no more trouble than turning it on when biking.

How to attach it to my jacket?  or on my helmet??   is the question!

On 3/31/2023 at 12:52 AM, gawdzira said:

Congratulations to the skiers responsibility code for winning $1 for Pepper Potts.

Apart from getting her lawyers fees back, it was not about money for GP. This issue is now resolved and her reputation restored.

The jury took 2 & half hours, pretty quick decision even if there were only 8 of them. The jury see all the evidence and the demeanour of the witnesses. They make judgements about who is believable.

The judgement was the optometrist was 100% responsible for the collision.

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, gawdzira said:

Considering our audience, can we hijack this thread to speak about the horror that Deer Valley does not allow snowboarding? At what angles do we qualify as a monoski?

I had to go to Deer Valley last year for US Freestyle Nationals for my daughter.  I looked up their rules.  They explicitly define a monoski as having both feet side by side.  They're on to us.

Optometrist probably blew a chunk of his retirement and realized he needs more money.

Or realized mid-way through his retirement, that he wanted to leave behind some generational wealth to descendants.

Or blah.

Was shooting for the moon for pay day. He's no Tony Stark.