Note to New Members ×

Show us your cord?

st_lupo

So that thread on Aspen is kind of a bummer.  How is the typical groom for everybody else and what equipment (if you know) does your hill use?

Our local hill uses a Pistenbully (600?) and the area is small enough that they are able to groom everything 7 days a week.

local_groom.png.d2c9517d97bb896440de75088b401a0d.png

• Like 2

Our little place does a good job grooming.  We get a lot of daytime thaws with a freeze up overnight, and they do a great job of grinding up that frozen granular into a corduroy surface that's firm but still holds a good edge.  And if the snow is better than that, we get packed powder corduroy without any of those ridges between groomer tracks.  They have three Pistenbullies, a 400, 300 and 200.  The place is small so they groom every night.  This ski area, Snow Trails, has been taking a lot of business away from the other Ohio ski areas that are all owned by Vail resorts.  People I've ridden the lift with say the snow and grooming are better here.

I won a drawing a few years ago for a groomer ride, so here's a photo of the groom being put down.  The second photo shows the 400 including the attachments on the back.

P1000069.jpg.d9dc4ca294092a63e56d20f27d21c258.jpg

P1000045.jpg.da684b0898822e7d298d77dadf75f2f3.jpg

Edited by Wolf
typo
  • Like 3

• Jack M changed the title to Show us your cord?

Inspecting some cord:

image.png

That's how it looks like when it's good but sadly it's been pretty inconsistent and there can be places like this:

image.png

Groomed using Pistenbully 400 (at least I haven't seen other models here at Ruka, Finland). Almost everything is groomed 7 days a week.

• Like 4