Note to New Members ×

Telluride

jl1

2 hours ago, jl1 said:

My wife and I got invited to Telluride for a week. Any advice for best carving trails would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bring a powder stick. I don't know if there is anyone on the here with telluride intel

Did a member search, 5 from there, but latest post or visit from them is like 2013

Edited by big mario

I loved it there!  Although, it was 20-ish yrs ago for 2 USASA nationals (me & daughter) and later, 2 WC races (daughter). One of the things I liked was that it was not as crowded as a lot of places.

Lots of good carving blues off the Village Express. I seem to remember Misty Maiden & peek-a-boo.

Seeforever was fun, nice for carving, except it gets a lot of traffic. Maybe best for an early morning run. 

Someone talked me into going down Bushwacker on the side above the town. It was the steepest groomed run at the time. The kind of steepness where you'll keep sliding if you fall. It was survival mode for me, but worth seeing it and the runs below it that go straight down into town. Really steep! Luckily there's a bailout cat track to get to town in one piece.

If it does get busy you can head over to the Sunshine Express which has long, wide open, blue and green groomers. It's set apart from the rest of the resort and was always empty whenever I went over there. It's a good place for relaxed cruising on your longest board.

Explore the mountain. The scenery is spectacular. Surrounded by 14,000 ft peaks and a see-forever view to the west. Really cool town too.