Note to New Members ×

Riding Revelstoke

SunSurfer

Just finished 11 days of riding at Revelstoke.

First, a shoutout and thanks to @crackaddictJames Cherry for carving company, a guide to some of Revelstokes best carving runs, some really useful tips to work on in my own riding, and he and his partner Martina's hospitality during my stay.

If you don't know James he's a Revelstoke local, an incredibly skilful and experienced rider, has instructed at Montucky CC, and just an all round nice guy.

Revelstoke has great trails for carving for all levels of rider, from beginners through to steeps to challenge the most skilled. Some of the groomed slopes on Pitch Black were the steepest I have ever attempted. The Blue rated trails off the upper gondola are ideal for intermediates trying to up their game.

There is a shuttle bus between the hotels in town and the resort. Most of the hotels provide free tickets for the shuttle which is otherwise  C$4 exact change per ride. There are some pretty reasonably priced hotels, and a good range of places and cuisines to eat at the end of the day.

I had a great time and some of the best carving days I've ever had in the groomed days after 20cm fresh. My biggest day was approx. 15.5Km vertical descent (approx. 50k feet).

Beware powder days! Every man, his dog, and the dog's fleas arrive to ski it and the gondola queue at the bottom can be incredibly long if you are not in the queue seriously early.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/9/2023 at 12:53 PM, ShortcutToMoncton said:

How did you get there? I’ve always wanted to go but have only looked at driving from Calgary, which is a bit of a hike. 

Caught a shuttle from Kelowna Airport run by Everything Revelstoke. Travel agent booked it for me. Dropped me at my hotel, picked me up when it was time to fly out. Too easy!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...