Note to New Members ×

WTB Donek F Plate

Chris C

19 hours ago, Chris C said:

Those springs seem a little over the top but the cant/lift solution for $20 sounds like a no-brainer.

i stand corrected on the following:
deeluxe boot don't have internal ramp so it's fine to ride flat on the front but I like toe lift and heel lift.
UPZ/MS951 boots have internal ramp so front lift is recommended.

on after marker spring system:  BTS/DGSS 
There is way for you to check to see if your riding will benefit from spring system by riding in 'walk mode" in the back foot only*.  Make sure the front is locked.  If you feel the ROM (range of motion) on the back make riding easier.  a spring system is a good investment.  
*riding in walk mode could cause ankle injury so test in control environment.
Spring system allow us to have that greater range of motion and plus hard stop so ankle injury is not a concern

+1 Def get in touch with LCI crew!  They are awesome.

N+1 = what you should have. 
N being current board  
+1 being another board. 
= quiver Cory typed about above. 
The LCI comes off as a bunch of arrogant big headed folks but we're really just a bunch of idiots out to have fun and to help others have more fun themselves. 
Peep the Yo LCI thread in the CO forum. 
If it helps to with our season passes we can get you a $95 buddy tix. 
Hope to see you soon. 
ink

P.S. Most of us have quivers and may be able to help with an interim board if you really can't get along with the Rev. 

• Like 1

N+1 lol...

We need
1 SL - for the busy day and gotta milk those turn
1 GS - for the wide groomer
1 Free Carve - for everything in between
1 powder - when it dump

1 all mountain/all terrain - when you don't know what the heck is going on.
1 softboot carver - because why not

it's like pokemon - gotta catch them all...

joking aside - it's good to be able to try different boards but personally i made the most progress by stick with one board for 3-4 seasons in all conditions.

• Like 1

Hi there Ink and Mario, this is great stuff, thanks for the invite! It will be about 2 weeks before I can get to Loveland as I have the kids solo next weekend. I remain hopeful that I will have some turns under my belt before showing up so I don't get taken down in a Sissie Sled! I was looking at the terrain off Chet's and it looks pretty aggressive, but I did see a green and a blue circle waaaay off in the distance to nibble on. 

I was thinking about the quiver you guys were mentioning...makes total sense how the right equipment can really make a good day stellar. Hey Pow, I feel that progress way with my Incline as I have had it for 6 years and it still rides like a dream. II do not need another soft set up but a different alpine setup from the Rev(provided I end up keeping this) would be a nice bonus.  The only thing I have not done with my incline it is mount hard boots to it....may have to try it some day. 

I am seeing that most members are riding at least 60 degrees....I am size 12 feet with doing 53/50. Is this extra 10 degrees you ride to prevent bootout or do you get more leverage on edges? My Rev has a 20 cm waist.

C

We are usually running greens and blues so no worries there. Lovey doesn't usually groom black diamonds.

Your incline works well with hardboots too. I have a highly modified, very early version that up until this season I only rode with HBs.

Boot heel and toe to the edges, not over, to prevent dragging when tipped high on edge.

Let us know when you can join us.

22 hours ago, big mario said:

Sunday mornings 8:30 at Chets Dream for carve church

Mario

ink

• Like 1

Well that makes me feel a lot better because the last thing I would want to do is hold anyone up at any point. Again, very kind of you to include me in the posse! I look forward to meeting you all and the date I am looking at is 3/10/22 if this works.

Now you got me thinking about mounting my F2 plates on my Incline for grins and giggles....that sounds like a ton of fun as this board already as some nice pop with the softies! Looking to go up to either Keystone or Breck tomorrow to try out all I have learned over the weekend to see if I can make nice with my Rev. 

Talk soon and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again Ink.

Best,

Chris 

• Like 1

Hey Pow4Ever, per your quiver run-through above(sounds awesome by the way!)what is a typical length for a slalom board? Are these course-specific boards similar to skis in that they are typically shorter with more of a sidecut? Not currently in the market, just looking for distinction. Thanks!

C

18 hours ago, Chris C said:

I look forward to meeting you all and the date I am looking at is 3/10/22 if this works.

3/10 is Friday, none of the LCI will be on hill. We will be on hill Sunday 3/12 though. 

The incline rips with HB or SB, your choice should you test it out with both. 

13 hours ago, Chris C said:

Funny, I just sent YOU a message at the same time! The mondo size is 29.5. I am seeing via member chatter that 60 degrees sounds about standard....does this sound more appropriate? Thanks!

C

Angle numbers don't matter as much as not having any overhang. Set up the binders so your heels and toes are at the edges. Add enough splay between front and rear to your liking. Go out and get aggressive with the Rev next time you ride it. 

ink