Note to New Members ×

Holy Crap! New Boots Are A Game Changer!

barryj

So I upgrade my 6? year old (100+ days per season)  black/green Deeluxe 425 Pro's with the new colorway of blue/orange 425's and finally got out on the hill today and even with the standard Deeluxe Speed liner it was a step up in performance!

Like on my old boots I added BTS all Blues and Fintec's.  Even without a custom footbed the included new Speed wrap liner had great heel hold with it's sculpted internal ankle cups and felt comfortably snug from the start.  The upper part of the liner felt a little to soft  compared to my Intuition Pro Wraps but the Booster strap made up for the difference.

I'll probably stick with the Deeluxe liner for one more day before switching out to see if I can notice any difference with the Intuition Pro Wraps.

The liner is greatly improved from the original liner that came in my old boots.  The buckles are redesigned and have some additional mechanical advantage that make them much easier to get cranked down.  The flex seems much more lively than my old boots and  the Booster strap seems to work better and actually have a designated  slot/groove to sit in compared to just wrapping it around the shell/liner on the old boot.....which never seemed to fit/stay where I wanted it.

Overall very happy to have stuck with Deeluxe!  

• Like 3

I just got the new 425's and I'm diggin' 'em.  Upgrade from some old Head Stratos.  Funny thing.  They don't come with a footbed, so I bought some super feet greens.  I know, not ski boot footbeds.  Totally didn't work.  Pulled some foam footbeds out of a pair of daily wear street boots, and the 425's fit like a glove.  

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

bought some super feet greens.  I know, not ski boot footbeds.  Totally didn't work.

Not sure where you heard that but all the ski boot  fitters here in Tahoe sell all the Superfeet footbeds.  I got green G in my old 425's and green H in the new 425's.  There Great!

Are you wrapping the Boosterstrap around the outside of the shell? For the last couple of years I've been wrapping my (aftermarket 2-strap) Booster around the top of the liner, inside the shell. Takes a little fiddling to get it all organized but once it's there it stays all day. Seems like ti shouldn't do much but it stiffens the Intuition Dreamliners just a little and for some reason resolves all heel hold-down issues. When I wrap around the shell I often have to undo it every couple of runs to get circulation going. Same idea works great on my ski boots also.