Note to New Members ×

So what’s the view out of your window?

st_lupo

Okay this is total bragging, but after a few years of crap winters, our corner of Norway is finally having a decent winter (sorry Alps).  Aaand some mornings are totally worth getting up early enough to take first (and second) tracks.  -22C so most people stayed indoors with their fireplaces roaring.

So what do you all see out of the window, first thing in the morning?

9F2BA18F-B844-4002-A7C8-EFBE40314644.jpeg.aa0d2d2cb08fbbf82f81bd46b96e1c0b.jpeg
Okay, this was right when I was leaving for the slope at about 08.20.

• Like 6

I woke this morning to the harsh cry of a karearea, NZs native falcon. It was perched on a railing on the hilltop water tank across the road from my house, maybe 75 metres away. There are a pair nesting amongst the pine trees on the steep slope just beyond the tank. 

1 hour ago, loopback said:

10" overnight

Porch.jpg

That's your front porch Paul?  Sweet.  I didn't get out today, stuck at the desk after having to drive the kids to school on account buses were cancelled...  Hoping to get out tomorrow.  

Calabogie desperately need the snow from what I hear - especially since their pump house burnt down...

11 hours ago, slabber said:

That's your front porch Paul?  Sweet.  I didn't get out today, stuck at the desk after having to drive the kids to school on account buses were cancelled...  Hoping to get out tomorrow.  

Calabogie desperately need the snow from what I hear - especially since their pump house burnt down...

That's my porch 🙂

Grab and go. I have it down to a science so I can ride an hour over lunch.

4 minutes to get dressed at home

8 minutes to drive hill

6 minutes to get boots on and walk to lift

60 min ride = 6 runs maybe 7

4 minutes to get boots off and back to car

8 min drive home

1.5 hours all in.

I took yesterday off and rode the Tanker ,Monster and Prior 4WD in the fresh snow.

I dropped Kelly at the hill this morning and was watching them groom, looks so good!

enough that I took today off too and am going over around lunch or when it brightens up.

Conditions have been stellar at Calabogie tbh. We could use some new terrain but what is open has been the best January riding in years. They are doing a great job grooming and moving around what they have.

The new pump house is built and they are connecting the piping underground.

Rumour is they could be blowing by early next week.

I just checked the mountain report...All runs now open!!

• Like 2