Note to New Members ×

Looking for soft boot carving instruction, based in NJ

Sheedapistawl

Hello friends,

I live in NJ and am looking for some soft boot carving instruction. I’ve tried resort instructors at Stowe and Okemo but did not find them helpful for the style of carving I’m looking to learn (Japanese style, dual positive binding angles, getting low on turns you know the cliché…). 

I can post a video and while commentary is helpful I think nothing is as helpful as someone who is adept at the skill and also good at teaching it to folks like me with bad habits like hunching my shoulders on toe sides and hinging at the hips. I’m an intermediate rider, I broadly know what I’m doing wrong but not sure what exercises or things to do and progression to get better. Sometimes feel like I have it but then a video shows poor form and just bad habits. 

Any advice much much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 9:14 PM, Sheedapistawl said:

Hello friends,

I live in NJ and am looking for some soft boot carving instruction. I’ve tried resort instructors at Stowe and Okemo but did not find them helpful for the style of carving I’m looking to learn (Japanese style, dual positive binding angles, getting low on turns you know the cliché…). 

I can post a video and while commentary is helpful I think nothing is as helpful as someone who is adept at the skill and also good at teaching it to folks like me with bad habits like hunching my shoulders on toe sides and hinging at the hips. I’m an intermediate rider, I broadly know what I’m doing wrong but not sure what exercises or things to do and progression to get better. Sometimes feel like I have it but then a video shows poor form and just bad habits. 

Any advice much much appreciated!

When do you ride? I've been hitting mc on weekdays first tracks. I'm on hard boot setup, but might still have some tips to help you out.