Note to New Members ×

Powder TD3 SW SI's Binding De-Icer??

barryj

Ok........here's what I've gleaned and applied from you Ice/crud masters to make getting  going faster once off the lift!

1- Anti slip tape for outside decks and steps applied to Fintec heels on Deeluxe Track 425's 

2- For those floppy Toe bails with worn out wavy washers that plop down just as your starting to step in I added my own bike tube bunges to keep it up! 

3- Red duct tape on all TD3 receivers

This weekend we have over 40 inches of Pow predicted right here in the Tahoe Basin which means double that up on the higher slopes which means perfect conditions to see if any of this helps!   

We shall see..........

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

18 hours ago, barryj said:

This weekend we have over 40 inches of Pow predicted right here in the Tahoe Basin which means double that up on the higher slopes which means perfect conditions to see if any of this helps!   

We shall see..........

Hope the storm delivers as expected barryj, but please let some of that moisture slip by the Sierras to us in central Idaho. Your modifications look promising. I'm curious to hear how they pan out. I'm messing around with tapes and such too, and today I liked how some duct tape helped keep my rear binding clear.

taped.jpeg.9af013ffca2124fba6ee0f7f7c02a7a3.jpeg

We got 6" overnight. It was light weight and not very sticky, so perhaps not the best test day. But the taped areas did really shed snow nicely. I've made some further modifications, and hopefully improvements to the tape job, and I've installed a spiky Dakine stomp pad, which has been sorely needed.

stomp.jpeg.615510de75e54044fe4f94a56333f8ca.jpeg

Bring on the storm!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Corey said:

sorry for you

Yeah, it's disgusting!, every day there is more and more new snow!  Geez!  I'm going to have to file a complaint with the mtn.!    They need to stop!  There's Too Much Snow and you would think they would know it's cutting into my hard charging groomer carving days!   :angryfire 

As for the de-icer additions, they worked quiet well today in all this annoying new snow!  I could bang my heels together and the whole icy block would fall right off.   All the upgrades made getting into the stepins   much quicker and smoother!   :biggthump  

Edited by barryj
  • Like 2