Note to New Members ×

What's your favorite wax?

Cthulhufish

Up till now I've been using the Swix CH line. It looks like Swix rebranded it as PS (and "Pro Polar" for CH4). The local shops mostly use CH7, which is my most commonly used wax, but adjusting as the temperature changes makes a noticeable difference. As much as it's a pain to apply, CH4 has become my go-to for powder days.

What are your favorite waxes and why?

Can I be a heretic here? 

Something cold-rated and hard for 2" near edge, all conditions. Then either all-temp or the same cold for the middle, depending on temp.

Both are crayoned-on and buffed with wax wizard the night before. Edges get this 2-3-minute treatment every riding day on abrasive man-made snow. Often don't even touch the middle if the temp didn't change. 

I've never lost a world championship with this setup. 😝 

I definitely need better in spring slush, but that's a rare day for me!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://dominatorwax.com/products/dominator-graphite-zoom

Used to be able to get this from Bomber is where I acquired it originally.

Pricey but super slippery.   A wax job usually lasted a couple of 1/2 days of hard charging carving in normal 15-30f cold temps.   A block usually lasted me a couple of seasons.   

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Corey said:

Something cold-rated and hard for 2" near edge, all conditions. Then either all-temp or the same cold for the middle, depending on temp.

Both are crayoned-on and buffed with wax wizard the night before. Edges get this 2-3-minute treatment every riding day on abrasive man-made snow. Often don't even touch the middle if the temp didn't change. 

Glad I'm not alone here. I also follow the same routine. Thought I was cheating... sometimes I get lazy and it goes on the morning of instead of the night before. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, Corey said:

Can I be a heretic here? 

I've never lost a world championship with this setup. 😝 

I definitely need better in spring slush, but that's a rare day for me!  

This ^^^, but I iron it in to those 2" at the beginning of the season and maybe one other time to prevent base burn. Wax wizard whatever temp is needed throughout the season.

Love my Hot Rod race waxes but no longer available. Thankfully the LCI has a good stash between us all.

Dominator, Swix, Toko and Holmenkol all make really good waxes and quite a few folks like OneBallJay.

@Corey get something for warm temp in the spring and brush it out so the structure opens up. You will appreciate the results at the world champ spring slush slalom event. 

ink

• Thanks 1