Note to New Members ×

Strapins (boot cuff support straps)

Last season I picked up a set of Strapins (I got 4 straps, 2 per boot) to help add extra support to my aging and worn out Salomon Malamute's since the speedlacing system was wearing out and loosening during carves. The Strapins worked really well and kept the boots nice and tight around my shins all day. I haven't tried them on newer boots yet to see if they make a difference there, but they can definitely help restore some of the support to older boots.

• 5 months later...

I was just doing a random Google check on the word Strapins and found this site. I am the founder of Strapins and just wanted to pop in and thank you for expressing your thoughts on them. I can tell you I felt the difference in new boots after 3 days this season. Put them over the top of the Boa, it won't do them any harm I can assure you 🙂

• 2 months later...

I can assure you that even after riding for a few days in brand new boots you will notice the difference which is actually a bit disappointing when you think about it.  I just put the Strapins over the top of the BOA, doesn't break or hurt them at all. I know this because I am the founder of Strapins.

Thank you @staples156 for making this post and @gunslinger65 for commenting on them.

• 7 months later...

I got a 4 pack of strapins and have been using them on and off for the past few weeks.

My overall impression is that if you need them, you've got a boot problem. But if you've got a boot problem, they can definitely help. They can help cinch in a loose boot/worn out liner or give a little extra support to boots that are softer than you need. Not a bad thing to have around for when one pair of boots is wearing out and you haven't found a replacement set yet.

I use straps.  Not Strapins but same thing, two per boot.  They definitely stiffens the boot, especially when combined with a plastic tongue insert like PowerRide.  I recommend straps to any carvers, even those who's boots fit well.

• Like 1

Any current interest in Canada?  I just emailed Bill and could see about sorting out a group buy so to speak.   

I'd end up drop shipping from Ontario.   I need to find out more about what I might get charged on import as well as dimensions for shipping them out.  

Reviewed here https://www.powderheadz.com/strapins-feel-the-difference/ 

• 1 month later...

I ended up picking up a pair of Booster Straps - the Expert/Racer versions.  Quite happy with them so far.  Certainly more expensive than the Strapin but they look to be well made and worth the price, IMHO.