Note to New Members ×

Lower Mainland Carvers' Diaries, 2022/23

Jarcode

Only day 2 for me, incredible snow conditions, crowds were mild at the start and end of the day. Lion's chair opening tomorrow... I'm going to sit out tomorrow and return friday for training.

Purchased ethan's oversized softboots that were booting out non-stop for him since they fit me, not him. I now have a truly cursed softboot setup:

spacer.png

Rear: +15, old burton riser plate
Front: +35, old burton alpine cant/lift disk

Hoping it keeps my weight back and allows some degree of carving performance.

.951 fitting was a success

Day 4, lots of hard carving runs. Ran with Ray for a while (clips coming soon), who was rocking a Kessler 185 & plate. Some confusion spawned about the run "jasey jay", as Ray received training from him personally and didn't know I was referring to a part of the mountain 🤣

Will be up again tomorrow.

Day 5, great carving conditions in the morning (subpar grooming on JJ, though), got a bit chopped up in the afternoon. Icy hardpack is finally starting to show in the steep sections.

Practiced hard the whole day... starting to feel some fatigue. Might be up tomorrow again.

Hello!  New member here.  Wasn’t sure where to put a first post.  I met Boris in the lift line a week or so ago and looking to get working with him in the next few weeks.  Trying to get some boots and Boris pointed me towards this site so hello?  

Was joking with him over email that I was doing the LDP thing a few years back and thought I was the only one in town.  Had no idea you all existed.  Anyways, hello.  Maybe see you all at Cypress or Whistler.

Powder (chowder?) morning, groomer pm... The Panorama/Windjammer became great, just from people sliding on them. In the am, we had to work a bit harder and poach the Rainbow 🙂

Crew/Toys: Patrick on Nidecker, Ethan on 3800 then WCRM, B on Tanker and Butters for few runs on softies... 

Edited by BlueB

Day 8, Manning. Pow day, and absolutely clear visibility in the afternoon. There were still untouched stashes after closing. Groomers were good, coverage not as good as Cypress sadly.

Staff "training" which consisted of mostly riding around and a short indoor orientation. Very few snowboard instructors, all L1/L2.

First lesson this Wednesday!

7 hours ago, charliechocolate said:

You're all too cool to ride today's wet cement that was yesterdays chowder?

Would rather enjoy completely empty groomers and colder temps out at Manning!

spacer.png

Patrol and off-duty staff outnumbered guests at the hill today. Less than 10 guest vehicles in the parking lot.

Coverage isn't looking as good though. Got myself another scratch on my base, I think it's time for some ptex repairs and switching boards until more snow comes.