Note to New Members ×

WTB: Burton Step-on X medium bindings

rjnakata

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Wow, had a quick glance at Fleabay, couldn't believe the prices some people were asking for step-ons of any flavour. Good luck with your search, love mine.

@Neil Gendzwill Do you feel the X + Ion combo provides a versatile ride?  Ie good for carving, powder, cruising?  Are there any shortcomings flex-wise you see?

Is it on the stiffer side of a standard Driver X + Genesis standard setup, would you say?

Edited by rjnakata

1 hour ago, rjnakata said:

@Neil Gendzwill Do you feel the X + Ion combo provides a versatile ride?  Ie good for carving, powder, cruising?  Are there any shortcomings flex-wise you see?

Is it on the stiffer side of a standard Driver X + Genesis standard setup, would you say?

I couldn’t compare it to Driver X as I’ve never ridden those. I switched to hard boots in 1989. My first softie setup in 30 years was Ion/Genesis X. Then I switched to Ion/Step On X. The step ons are definitely a more direct and positive connection than the Genesis X were. They work well for me for all conditions. I like them better than my hard boots in bumps or choppy snow conditions, especially if the light is bad. The extra flex and feel in the system makes it easier to adjust and stay right side up. Of course they don’t carve as well but part of that is me still getting used to softies and low angles. 

• Like 2