Note to New Members ×

New member interested in softboot korean carving

mallory

4 hours ago, Xargo said:

As far as boots are concerned, it's also possible to go for spring modded touring hardboots + plate bindings and that way you can also use them for splitboarding. Just bear in mind that shells of some models can't handle the stress and will crack if you charge hard (has happened to me twice). The sad thing (for me) is that the touring boot setup has been the best setup for me as far as the ride quality is concerned but the back boot just can't handle it.

I actually switched to touring boots, after breaking my favorite hard boots, last year. I rode them mostly in the walk mode. I'll make some kind of springs for this season, mostly to stiffen the backward flex. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlueB said:

I actually switched to touring boots, after breaking my favorite hard boots, last year. I rode them mostly in the walk mode. I'll make some kind of springs for this season, mostly to stiffen the backward flex. 

It's bizarre to me that you can carve so well despite having that ""hard"" boot setup hinge to what looked like a 110 degree angle. Or maybe that aids your EC technique?

1 hour ago, Jarcode said:

It's bizarre to me that you can carve so well despite having that ""hard"" boot setup hinge to what looked like a 110 degree angle. Or maybe that aids your EC technique?

Or, aids my hand-breaking technique? 🤪 

I'd say about 100 deg max, but it's definitely not great to have that much. However, it teaches you to ride really centered and rely on the feet rather than boot cuffs. 

Edited by BlueB