Note to New Members ×

What do you hate most about the other people on the mountain

Guest jeffnstefanie

I hate ignorant soft booters who think freestyle is the only way and refer to me as a skier or monoskier...even though I haven't skied a day in my life and don't really care too. I also hate arrogant hardbooters that hate softbooters because there are a lot of ignorant loud mouth youngsters who ride them. See it works both ways and I love flipping, going huge and jibbing. I also love carving more than anything. I will not stop either for anyone.

I Have a trick for you guys that hate boarders and skiers running over your topsheet on the lift line. In the early season I use my older board that I dont care about and let them run me over, then I lift my board up quickly and turn around and glare at them. Being 6'4 and 240 lbs helps out in the intimidation, but its nice to hear them say sorry.

I hope you guys dont really hate all Patrollers. Most of them are good ****, there are a few power trippers that ruin it for the others. I myself am a patroller and trying to mix fun and work is hard sometimes, because when you are ripping around people, they look at you and say you shouldnt do that, but if you pull it off, it feels good. When was the last time you asked a patroller if he needed help? Or do you just point an laugh when he falls?

Number one reason to be a Patroller,

----First Tracks-----

Have you ever seen a patroller without a smile after morning sweep?

I have a problem with old school skiers getting out on their new equipment. They finally feel a carve for the first time and they do these stupid slow carves along all the cat tracks and traverses, on top of taking up the whole cat way they usually have a helmet on for the first time and for some reason they can't hear you letting them know you are passing them. Then they give you the look and verbalize how they are the downhill skier and they have the right of way. Yeah you have the right of way but be aware of your surrondings and leave a lane to pass!

Guest woodman

hate it when they call us "mono-skiers" We joke with one another about it now, that's how many times we heard it last season. As for the people lining up in a row down slope from us, at first it was a problem until I told my son just to concentrate and go around them as if they were gates. We now relish the chance to send him swooping around these "oglers" as this 4 foot tall Alpine boarder goes rippin' past them like they were so much fodder.....:D I'm usually right behind him with a big smile on my face yellin' "That's my boy!!!" Personally the people running over my equipment while in line is my biggest peeve, I mean how stupid can you be......and this is not just limited to skiers, but boarders too. I'm always telling my son "mind your gear" that's our way of saying "hey *sshole, your getting to close to me".

Good carving,

Paul

This should be posted on all chair lifts......I've taken the liberty to <b>bold</b> the rules that seem to be broken the most...and usually cause me grief....

1.<b>Always Stay in Control, and Be Able to Stop or Avoid Other People or Objects.</b> ~ someone flying past you at mach 5 with arms flailing

2. <b>People Ahead of You have the Right Of Way. It is Your Responsibility to Avoid Them.</b> ~ I love the "but I was the FALL LINE skier" excuse...got to love gettin' t-boned

3. <b>You must not Stop Where You Obstruct a Trail, or are not Visible from Above.</b> ~ it's been covered in this thread

4. <b>Whenever Starting Downhill or Merging into a Trail, Look Uphill and Yield to Others.</b> got to love the folks that come flying out of a trail onto a slope in front of you

5. Always use Devices to Help Prevent Runaway Equipment.

6. Observe all Posted Signs and Warnings. Keep off Closed Trails and Out of Closed Areas.

7. <b>Prior to Using any Lift, You must have the Knowledge and Ability to Load, Ride and Unload Safely.</b> ~ can't count the number of dings on my boards...or dings on my helmet from someone lowering the bar without warning...or hours over the years spent sitting on a non-moving lift because somewhen fell getting on or off...

<h3>Know the Code, It's Your Responsibility.</h3>

Guest Oppenheimer

I try not to think about it too much, personally. I don't get on the slopes nearly as much as I'd like as it is... and once I start getting mad at other people it turns into a giant downward spiral and I wind up ruining my own day.

Only one day out last year... hopefully this one will be better.

I don't need your attitude, I have my own thanks. haha A positive attitude helps. Standing at the top of the run you see people everywhere, all different speeds, all different abilities. You say - gee, this is great. Golons all the way down the hill, the challenge is to do a slalom run through them even though they keep moving - after all, that's why we call them golons.

How about some big hug after such love-sharing? :D

But it seems, that one thing is not mentioned: when there is group teaching on slopes and teacher leads whole group traversing over slope, from side to side so that there is two or three rows of slowly-moving skiers and no way to pass :(

Originally posted by Oppenheimer

I try not to think about it too much, personally. I don't get on the slopes nearly as much as I'd like as it is... and once I start getting mad at other people it turns into a giant downward spiral and I wind up ruining my own day.

Only one day out last year... hopefully this one will be better.

While I agree with this entirely I still have a problem with hit campers...I tend to roll through at speed upsetting their lines not because I want to screw them but because I want to get away from them and back to a section of the mountain where I can just cruise

On the chair lift w/ 2 skiers on the outside, I'm on left center, another boarder right center, unfortunatly he wasn't alpine, sat there the whole time moving his front leg back and forth, tap, tap, tap, on my top sheet. It took all my patience not to pitch him off the chair. (the bar was NOT down) He was clueless, of course. On a positive note, talked to a skier on the way up who said he'd like to try those GS turns sometime on a board. Talked equipment with him, good vibes. Even had a ski tech at the lodge recognize my gear. Also met a old skier who was a part-time Volkl rep. And me on my Renntiger!

Guest Jon Rutherford

I simply hate everyone on the hill who is in front of me, or passing too close to me on the left or right.

Basically, when I come to the slopes...everyone else should leave.

JR