Note to New Members ×

How to set up my binding (f2 silberpfeil 168)

Guest Surfer_D

Guest Surfer_D

Hi Guys,

it's my first post here. I read the "How to setup" from Jack Michaud, but as a layman who always made this in the ski slope

I don't understand all the details. This jear I bought a new board and bindigs.

I have F2 Silberpfeil 168

F2 titanium bindigs (standard not flex)

Reichle snowboarding shoes

My height is 184cm and I weight 85 kg. I used to have Nitro GT snowboard.

Extreme carving is the way I like to ride - I did so on my previous board.

Can someone tell me what is the best way to set my bindings.

1. Which holes in the inserts should I use to screw the bindings in (for front and rear). From this I will also know how wide should I stand and where is my best gravity point.

2. How many degrees should the bindings be turned (for front and rear foot). I always had the back foot turned less then the front one. Should I adjust them so that I don't hit the snow on turnes or ...?

3. Others

Thanks

Surfer_D

Hi surfer_d. The silberpfiel is quite narrow so you need angles not to boot out. I ride a 172 with 58/63 degres and with 48 cm stance. I am 180/83kilos, size 27mp. I found that it carves better if you mount in the middle of the board. So try and move your setup aprox 1,5 cm forward compared to the inserts.

This works for me...

Mats

Well, both those questions are specifically addressed in the article, but a good place to start is with a stance that is either centered on the sidecut, or a little bit back. This will probably be the middle sets of holes for each foot. I'm about your size, and I like a 19.25" or 19.5" stance width. As for binding angles, you want to have your toes and heels as close to the edges of the board as possible without hanging over.

-Jack

Guest Surfer_D

Thank you both, now I checked some expressions and I understand also the article a little better. I'm from Europe and I didn't understand some of the technical terms.

I will use the stance like you guys said, but I'm not sure how to adjust the bindings. One of you said I should put it 1.5cm to the front but the other to the back. I will use my center holes to screw the bindings and thest what suits me best on the snow.

Answer me just how come some people have the stance so wide I can hardly even stand on the board with such setup. They're all comeptiting.

Thanks again,

Jack: Thanks for the article - it was really helpfull after I figured some terms :)

Your board has a setback ie the mountings are already a bit back = 1,5 cm. By moving the same amount forward you will be centered over the sidecut = nice.

Your competion friends probably have longer legs... or have heel and toe lift. Then you move your knees more together. Go for a narrow stance, that will make the board bend more easily and give you nice tight turns.:D

Guest Surfer_D

Thanks Guys,

48 is recomended from the factory so I will start with 48 stance.

With the bindings I got also a part which can lift my foot for 2cm and one smaller one which lifts it only for 0.5cm. Should I use them or not and how. Is it used only to lift my back foot or the front too.

All my old bindings had this fixed.

Ohh can someone show me the picture of the new Silberpfeil which comes on the marked in 2004/2005. The salesman told me he gave me the new model - the look really is different.

Attached you can find the printscreen.

post-514-14184219618_thumb.jpg

I don't know Korrect teminator ology either but looky at dis picture I think you need to still sure make it send to me for sure make it right so it goes to snow correctly when ridee fur down hill goes good too, makeing the bindings in with the stance right the way so you can be good down hill riding on contack edge hold the write way, better the move angle of back about 5 degress to 7 from front about to 65 degrees to 68 degrees should now ride that more of what I road it , helps ok yes good for you? Ok!

NOW SEND IT!

Dang that is one sweet looky Board! Where did you get this?

Anymore around?

Looking at Mount Kleveland nice day today! taken from lake Erie!

Said Shred:eek:

post-186-141842196184_thumb.jpg

Guest woodman

Wow, my new Silberfeil looks a little different than that :confused: . I like the wood look though, kinda like an Arbor board. Mine is just like the ones at the Bomber shop and Blue Tomato...BTW just received my F2 Titanium bindings today!!! Wow!!! These will go on my new Oxygen Proton GS, while my new Trench Digger step-ins (thanks Charlie) will go on the new Silberfeil!!! Now if I can just get them to send me my Conshox all will be right with the world!!!

Good carving,

Paul

Guest Surfer_D

it's even nicer in live :) This is not european look, but it should be the model for 2004/2005.

Ohh can someone help me with the question I have about bindings. How should I use the two parts I have with my bindings to lift up my foot.

See the attached picture.

post-514-14184219619_thumb.jpg

Guest jeffnstefanie

The Arbor is a laminate and it is so gentle. I really like the look of seeing what the board is made of. Shred, it looks like a mushroom cloud over that hill, did you have anything to do with that ?

That cloud is from Shred's triple flutterblast after spicy jaegerschnitzel snack. Do not send your board to him, the finish will be damaged by the toxic cloud!

Bigger spacer under rear foot heel, smaller under front foot toe. Or smaller spacer under rear foot heel, flat front, that's my favourite. Or I have some nice Cateks for you.........

Guest Surfer_D
Originally posted by Chris Houghton

That cloud is from Shred's triple flutterblast after spicy jaegerschnitzel snack. Do not send your board to him, the finish will be damaged by the toxic cloud!

Bigger spacer under rear foot heel, smaller under front foot toe. Or smaller spacer under rear foot heel, flat front, that's my favourite. Or I have some nice Cateks for you.........

ohh, but I already sent it... :)

Guest Surfer_D
Originally posted by Jack Michaud

Go for a wider stance, like 48-49cm or so. This helps your balance and stability. Using toe lift on your front foot and heel lift on your back foot allows you to do this comfortably. The days of 43-45cm stances are long gone.

I did so and I'll see how it goes. Thanks Jack