Note to New Members ×

goofy riders on the right!

rather_wakeboard

What's a nice way of telling the goofy rider in your group to get

his ass on the right side of the lift? Him taking the left side everytime causes us regular riders to have to hold our boards awkwardly? With goofy on the right, regular on the left, everyone gets to ride the lift with their legs just dangling. I'm talking about you Drunkenmiller! :D

That's the thing about goofy riders - they're not called goofy for nothing!

Seriously, goofy riders' reputation for low intelligence is well-deserved. No matter how simple you explain things, they still find a way to completely misunderstand. If I didn't know better I'd say they were obstinate, instead of simply stupid.

As for the chairlift problem, I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to them as no goofyfooter would have a hope in hell of understanding the issue. Instead, you need to use their pea-like brain to your advantage. A simple trick should work - try telling them that you'll give them $10 if they sit on the right. Don't worry about renegging on your promise - goofyfooters have very poor memories, and by the time the chairlift has passed the first tower they'll have forgotten all about that $10.

<small>(Well, my member is no longer junior.)</small>

Guest woodman

and a boot in your *ss......:D Speaking as a goofy footer, your situation seems obvious, all of you must change your stance:D

Tsk tsk Baka, and here I thought you were a good guy.....goofy bashing....shame on you;)

Good carving,

Paul

As a curteous weasel with "Well used" equiptment I have actually been know to let a regular footed friend use my board as a foot rest (big reason I don't own a donek, If I had one of those and someone on the chair used it as a foot rest I would have no choice but to raise the bar and toss your rude regular ass off the chair. Also actual seat selection has nothing to do with how your board hangs it is based on other things like if there is a good looking girl on the chair or someone with more snacks than me...... Also If someone didn't have such wimpy angles on their bindings then their board would be going back to front and not side to side.:rolleyes:

think low -Weasel-

Really Drunkenmiller, for a guy who can dig some nice ruts you'd think you could get off a chair from either side! Damn goofy riders.

-D

(However, I agree, if there is a good looking woman on board, it makes no difference where she sits... On my lap is fine...)

Goofy and pround of it! ja schame on U! I always go right I have to keep on telling the regular unleaded to switch as we skate to get on da chair!

ja vimpy angles! dats right 70 degrees min!

I like it dat vay I don't have to let anyone ride my boards, its to much hassle to move! Advantage Goofy!

SG:mad:

Guest Pre School Rider

What's the most fun about riding Goofy is that when you sit on the right side of the 6-pack,you can get rolling quicker.Then ya pull into a nice toe-to-heel one footed slalom turn,and topple all those left-foot-forward-bran-eating-Regular types as they swerve in an uncontrolled heelside skid-to-Buttslide! [best of all is then to take the ol' Tanker,and go outcarve 'em all while riding switch.] BTW,like CMC,I'm a card-carrying member of the Assoc. of G.O.D.(Goofy Or Die). This is as opposed to the A.R.A.,known as the Aryan Regular Army,which I believe Andy Hetzel was the founder of. --- Seriously,though,it is better to try to face as many other people on the chair as possible.Having someone knock from your blindside while exiting a chair just sucks.Worse is skiers who Plant their poles while exiting.Another skill,besides one-footed turns,to have mastered when dealing with large-volume chairs(quads + 6-place)is the boot-drag for emergency braking.I keep my rear foot on the board,but hang a toe,or just a bit of heel off the board's side.I can then 'touch+go' as I need,giving me both braking and quicker steering even on icy chair-offload ramps.

Originally posted by Pre School Rider

boot-drag for emergency braking

When exiting the chair with people I don't know, I usually hang onto the chair a little longer, and brake as necessary to keep myself behind them. You never know what the kooks are going to do, and it's best to avoid the pile-up.

Oh, and ha-yuck, ha-yuck - I'm goofy!

As a goofy rider I actually get asked by my regular friends to ride the left side. The reason being only the very short nose of my board hangs over onto their very short nose, thus avoiding all the edge-banging and topsheet scratching that goes on when our tails are pointing toward each other when I'm on the right. Really, its all about which turn the people you ride with are more comfortable with as well.

GOOFY RULES!! WE OWN JOO!!!! LOL

I purpose that all of us goofy riders go around on Christmas eve and correct the stance of all of our regular footed friends. don't even charge them for this service (as it is christmas and all). this way when your friend gets up christmas morning they can experience the joy of being goofy.

Yes I am aware that many of you regularly footed folk are now considering if you still want to invite your goofy friends to that holiday party but I say go ahead take the chance. Have a goofy holiday.

-Weasel- :D

Guest jeffnstefanie

Just be really obnoxious and loud and you get to go by yourself.

I prefer the left also when the chair is a non-detachable it is much easier to aim my butt when I can see the frame of the chair over my left shoulder.

Well, my member is no longer junior

My member is no longer junioralso, but I don't think it is any bigger

Originally posted by Hugh

Let's not forget that the best waves in the world are lefts (goofy). So, then maybe we are different, but blessed.

Hugh

Do an image search on "Banzai Pipeline" and see for yourself. I also know that there are a ton of great lefts in Australia. Oh, don't forget to check out Figi, Bali, Costa Rica and New Zealand. I did mention above...best waves in the world, not best waves down the street from me.

Carving on Tuesday,

Hugh

my goofiness usually has less to do with seating arrangement than wanting to share space with someone after my heat. or someone that has ample snacking available. or simply picking a side seat to avoid the impending newbie pileup at unload when joining from the single's line.

But if there's a chair to take me up. I'm on it. Even if I have to sit on the left.

Guest DruckenCarver

My ears are burning!

Dean, and whoever the hell rather_wakeboard is, I'm now going to ride up on the left side strictly ON PRINCIPLE!

I'm gonna thrash my board around and scratch yours up beyond all recognition, too.

GOOFY FOOTERS UNTIE!