Note to New Members ×

Anybody Tried a "Contra" Design Angrry??

barryj

In talks with Bruce about a UPM Angrry..... and he's offered the option of "Contra Design" Angrry which  he says is " Not as snappy to initiate turns but smoother and substantially better grip and  wider use range in regards to variable snow"

I'm leaning towards the "snappy" original design.....

What say the Sages??  

3 hours ago, barryj said:

Contra Design" Angrry which  he says is " Not as snappy to initiate turns but smoother and substantially better grip and  wider use range in regards to variable snow"

....sounds like an Angrry + UPM Plate imo.    :biggthump

I have 20 cm wide Contra 162 and 18 or 18.5 cm 160 Angry. I prefer Angry side cut but 20 cm width of Contra, I need run shallower angles due to my vision. That would be probably best combo for me. I wanted to give Contra another shot last weekend, but Mammoth was shut down due to wind. So it was just 12 hours driving trip. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, barryj said:

smoother and substantially better grip and wider use range

I'd have thought that would make the choice clear. 

An Angrry is a sub nine SCR.  Seems like that alone should make it feel snappy enough.  The CFR soft boot boards in that range seem to be killing it.

41 minutes ago, johnasmo said:
15 hours ago, barryj said:

smoother and substantially better grip and wider use range

I'd have thought that would make the choice clear. 

An Angrry is a sub nine SCR.  Seems like that alone should make it feel snappy enough.

Well, why sacrifice "snappy" turn initiation for grip and dampness when I think I can get both, 

1-  smoother and substantially better grip and wider use range...... with           the original Angrry build and adding UPM inserts (for a Donek A                   plate).....with minimal loss of turn radius or snap!

2- and/or neck snapping turns without the plate!