Note to New Members ×

~1998 Coiler Pure Race 184cm

Jarcode

Old school glass race board in all its glory. This was my first alpine board.

When I emailed Bruce asking for details about the board, he referred to it as a "museum piece" and discouraged riding it.

So, if you are purchasing this with the intention of riding it, be prepared for an extremely unforgiving ride. 14.2m sidecut, 184cm running length, 19cm waist, rider weight of ~175lbs if I had to guess from the original owner, and fiberglass construction. This means zero dampening, poor performance in less than ideal conditions, and a terrifying amount of pop out of turns. Asymmetrical construction, regular stance.

Some of the rear inserts are damaged but easily repairable, likely from removing the equally ancient bindings that were fused to the board when I got it. The topsheet construction is also unusually thick, so you may need longer screws to mount most plate bindings to this board.

100CAD plus shipping from BC, Canada. Also willing to sell locally in person at any resort in or near the lower mainland next season.

spacer.png
spacer.png
dog not for sale
IMG_20220416_170815.jpg
minor scratches
IMG_20220416_170837.jpg
IMG_20220416_170920.jpg

Edited by Jarcode
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Jarcode said:

zero dampening, poor performance in less than ideal conditions, and a terrifying amount of pop out of turns

I truly love the description of this board...just so hardcore and funny.  I admire anyone bold/adventurous/crazy enough to take it out.  Thanks for the laugh, and best of luck with the sale!

10 minutes ago, DMKW said:

I truly love the description of this board...just so hardcore and funny.  I admire anyone bold/adventurous/crazy enough to take it out.  Thanks for the laugh, and best of luck with the sale!

Having personally used this board last season it has to be stated to deter any inexperienced rider from purchasing it. It's still a blast to ride if you have the skills and athleticism to tame it, but the dated construction really shows when compared to modern alpine snowboards.

• 8 months later...