Note to New Members ×

Mammoth- June on weekends.

June is pretty empty, even when it is "crowded". I have not been on holiday weekends but other busy weekends it is still nice. Just make sure to get there early on those crowded weekends, that upload chair can be over an hour wait around 10 am.

Mammoth can get pretty stupid depending on the weekend and where you are riding. I have only been to heavenly once on a weekend but I would say it is probably comparable based on that experience. 

While the parking lot and J1 access chair can get heavy, the June slopes are amazingly uncrowded even on holiday weekends...maybe a 5 min max line at J7 but never a line elsewhere.  Superior grooming and quality snow are the norm. Also a little closer to Tahoe than Mammoth via the Kingsbury grade.

Midweek is a ghost town.

Approach Mammoth on the weekends like you would Heavenly.  Straightliners aplenty, merging trails and plenty of noobs keep your head on a swivel.

I'm not sure what it means but is seems as if the official vehicle of the Mammoth crowd is a newish Audi SUV with racks on top.  The June vehicle is a pickup or Subaru.