Note to New Members ×

Shawnee Peak 21-22

lonbordin

Hit Shawnee today. Had to be close as it had to be quick, open to 12:30

Was fun... certainly a lot of racing skiers there... saw some good turns.  They have a lot of snow on that hill... hard to believe next weekend is their last weekend. Whew my legs are toast.

I was told by several locals they think Boyne will rename (change it back?) it to Pleasant Mountain which they're all in favor of... and they are looking forward to getting the old chair from Sunday River.  Although the lot was full, and it never seemed like they needed additional uphill capacity.

Started out loud and skritchy.  But with the morning sun and warm temps it softened.  Wasn't all sunshine and rainbows... definitely had some exposed ice in sections... had to be aware.

There was a little swell at Scarborough this afternoon, if I had my wetsuit and board, I would have been able to get my second ski & surf in a day.

Photos- https://photos.app.goo.gl/UH8mifCJmfz36j7w8

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Shawmonix is great. Yeah it’s small but it’s all good carving pitch all the way to the bottom. Best beer league racing in the state if not New England. Views of Mt. Washington, and Moose Pond. Great Après bar. Every high school race team within an hour’s+ drive trains and races there. Smart move for Boyne to acquire it. 

• Like 1