Note to New Members ×

Thirst Super Manana

4 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

holy crap! sounded like a fighter jet passing through that gap, :eplus2: kinda looked like it too....or was it supermanana?

Yeah poor guy. I at least made eye (goggle?) contact with him before committing. People say he’s still skidding down to this day. 

4 hours ago, big mario said:

And you know this how?

Rifle and Grand Junction are just a few miles down the highway. We are slowly assimilating into their society. 

3 hours ago, lonbordin said:

@Carvin' Marvinyou wrote that you asked to carry additional thickness to the edges.

How does that change feel underfoot? 

Did it make a big difference in torsional stiffness? 

Mahalo... 

Nah I just told Mark I wanted something that I could absolutely wham on and 25-30% stiffer than my 8rw. My 8rw performs flawlessly up to about level 8/10. I wanted something I could ride all out and not worry about going out of its performance zone.  He took it from there and nailed it.  

I don’t really know how to describe torsional stiffness. It goes left and right really well! It feels extremely stable under load. The faster you’re going the more the energy needs to be managed with the legs rather than just going for a ride. The 8rw feels like it conforms to the small and medium bumps in the snow like they aren’t there. The Manana is less forgiving until you’re doing 25mph on edge.  Need to be more careful with turn placement in variable terrain due to it wanting to turn anything into a ramp.  It lands jumps really tight on edge. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

holy crap! sounded like a fighter jet passing through that gap, :eplus2: kinda looked like it too....or was it supermanana?

There's something about the Thirst construction that makes the boards resonate. Tap one and it's a little like tapping a crystal glass, it rings! My Superconductor roars like a 2-stroke motorbike on firm stuff.

2 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

There's something about the Thirst construction that makes the boards resonate. Tap one and it's a little like tapping a crystal glass, it rings! My Superconductor roars like a 2-stroke motorbike on firm stuff.

I like the noise because everyone can hear me coming a mile away

• Haha 1