Note to New Members ×

OES 158TT Kevlar

Impulsively I decided to order a OES 158TT. It came really quick, and I was really impressed with the build quality out of the box. The board is a 158TT Kevlar medium stiffness. This is an initial review and I will update after variable conditions can be tested. Today was on the softer side, with disorienting flat light. 

I rode it today for a few hours at our local hill. The first 2 runs were a struggle to be honest. I was feeling the 28cm waist and the 10m radius. It was a struggle to feel in control of the beast. Then I switched up the terrain and boom! This board rails very similar to how my metal alpines did. Once it is on edge it loves it. Transitions take a little more work, which is to be expected somewhat with the width.

The board is flat, there is virtually no camber between the bindings. There is a slight de-camber profile on the nose and tail. 

Going across the fall line you feel the groomer laps going along the board, however it absorbs them nicely without chattering. 

It feels just as stiff as my other boards, but the profile is such that it really doesn't pop in the transitions. I worked hard to have the board pop up on the back sides of the turns.

It does take some adjustment to get used to the radius and the width, but it is worth it. Very stable and just locks into the turns.

• Like 1

As an update, rode this setup today and it was rock hard. The board didn't chatter or lose the edge once. It really performed well.

My dream version of this board would be a 155ish, 27.5 waist, 8.5 radius, Kevlar, with a little more pop between the bindings (to be more easily able to pop in the transitions). 

This board is perfect for someone looking for a stiff board that doesn't chatter in variable conditions. The larger radius is really nice for those looking to be laid out for a while in the turn. 

My 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...