Note to New Members ×

Board sleeves?

slabber

3 minutes ago, Corey said:

Wait, you purposefully chose that fabric pattern?!? 

😝 😉

Actually I think Donnagail chose that fabric and sewed that one. I did 2 others. But it’s super easy to do, if you don’t have a sewing machine you could probably get a seamstress to make it for you for cheap. It’s maybe 5 or 6 straight runs on the machine to make the bag and straps. 

• 1 month later...

So, I ordered this one:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003795760935.html?

The 165cm version.  It was C$41 C$38.21 (checked my order) or just under US$30 to the door.   Ordered Feb 6th, arrived today March 7th, so a month basically. 

It fits my Ultra Prime 68.  It's neoprene so has quite a bit of give.  I didn't try stretching it to fit the Prior 175cm but it might.  It just looked too short but after I fit the 168, which required an easy stretch for the end to loop over the tip, it might be doable.  I'll check again later.

Quality looks quite decent.  Neoprene and Rossignol branded.  I'll prob order another.   

20220307_155826_copy_1512x2016.jpg

20220307_155856_copy_1512x2016.jpg

20220307_155819_copy_1512x2016.jpg

20220307_155616_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Edited by slabber
corrected price

Do you want bindings to be exposed? If not, get Dakine ski sleeve. I'm using 175 and even my 180cm coiler (180x21) fits in there. I know they have 190cm as well. Can get for under $50 on amazon, comes in plenty of colors. Easier to put compared to neoprene sleeve.

I have the YYZ Canuck one. I guess we’re now in a world where everything will ship from whatever country has the lowest cost manufacturing but I like supporting local businesses in my niche market.

Having said that the middle plastic buckle seems to be placed a bit awkwardly on my 195mm wide Coiler. It’s too short to wrap around flat to the top of the board and too long to fit on the bottom. It’s kind of on the side where it doesn’t lie flat. I may may to borrow that sewing machine. 

6 minutes ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

I have the YYZ Canuck one. I guess we’re now in a world where everything will ship from whatever country has the lowest cost manufacturing but I like supporting local businesses in my niche market.

Having said that the middle plastic buckle seems to be placed a bit awkwardly on my 195mm wide Coiler. It’s too short to wrap around flat to the top of the board and too long to fit on the bottom. It’s kind of on the side where it doesn’t lie flat. I may may to borrow that sewing machine. 

7 minutes ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

I asked Andrea at YYZ about lower cost shipping but it wasn't an option.   I'd consider picking one up next time I'm down to TO.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, Jack M said:

Shoulda supported YYZCanuck. 😧

Theirs also have square tails.

I tried...  both Walker at Bomber and Dan at UPZ have been great for shipping costs on small orders.  I asked Andrea if there was a lower cost option vs the system generated $35 on a $70 item.  I ship a fair bit of stuff, buying and selling, so I have an understanding of the costs but she said often loses money on shipping and it cuts into profits.  Granted, I had shown her another vendor that offered $5 shipping on a similar item but I wasn't expecting anything that extreme.  I'd have payed $20 shipping but $35 is steep for that size of a package...  I'll see about picking one up in person next time I'm in TO.