Note to New Members ×

Any east coast hardboot alpine teams?

Quinn MacVittie

So, Shawnee Peak has Race to the moon" in Bridgeton Maine and in Waterville Valley, they have "Adult/Corporate Night Race League that is a series of dual “NASTAR GS” competitions" on Tuesday and Thursday nights...

What level are you looking at?

EICSL is beer league
USASA has races, about 2 each GS and SL per season, and the above is in-between and regular.

dhamann I mostly am at gunstock but I do venture to many mountains in maine and new Hampshire. Loon, Sunday river, Waterville valley, attitash, wildcat are the others that I make it too.

TVR I'm new to hard boot but I'm eager to compete on an international level. Hence looking for coaches/teams. I have a long road ahead but if I need to start at beer league then that's where I will start! I would like to go the parallel salom route. 

Edited by Quinn MacVittie

EICSL will be a good guage to see how you do against beer league... USASA will tell you how you stand for more country wide competition...   

https://usasanhseries.teamapp.com/events?_list=v1

There are  / is a GS and a (2) SL at waterville that date, 3/13/2022
If you are over 18, you will need to get a safesport ID and go through their classes
If under 18, need you guardian to sign you up....

You will need to sign up for teamapp and request access to NH series and Maine series and whatever other series you might try...  this part is free, but it takes a bit as it is volunteers or people with day jobs....

Races average 43 buck for USASA, so do the math, and you will need a USASA membership which runs you like 150 since it is mid-season, maybe a little less....   go to usasa.org and signup and you will get all the details...

I would start age group and see how you do. You can always move up to open class, but you cannot move back down without issue....

If you do well, you will get invited to Nationals in Copper where the competition can be about 4x as hard... not that those in NH are bad, but just the event is huge... about 1000 competitors strong for all disciplines... 

Fun time man... I love Nationals ....

Nastar at gunstock I believe. Weekends and holidays. Used to be $10 as many laps as you want when sunapee did it. Double check with mountain to confirm. Will be ski gates. Alternatively there’s usasa as mentioned by tvr. Not ski gates. Stubbies w/ triangle panels. Either is a great start to compete against yourself and see how you stack up. Have fun with it. 

Gunstock has a good NASTAR operation.  If  you can make it to Okemo on weekends I usually set two courses at the NASTAR venue - one with traditional ski gates and one with stubbies for boarders.   I paceset both courses on skis and then switch to my Kessler to get in some gate time.  It's an easy course but a good one to work on the prinicples of picking a good line.  Open 10 - 2 Saturdays and Sundays and you can make unlimited runs for $16.

Edited by patmoore

• 1 month later...