Note to New Members ×

Copper and A-Basin

ktv

I'll be staying in Frisco and will be going to Copper and A-Basin on an Ikon pass the week of January 23. I've never been to either.

Is one better on weekends? It looks like from the trail map it'd be Copper, because it looks like the layout spreads people out more?

Which is better for carving trails?

For both, is there an area to put on boots then stow the bootbag free?

11 minutes ago, ktv said:

I'll be staying in Frisco and will be going to Copper and A-Basin on an Ikon pass the week of January 23. I've never been to either.

Is one better on weekends? It looks like from the trail map it'd be Copper, because it looks like the layout spreads people out more?

Which is better for carving trails?

For both, is there an area to put on boots then stow the bootbag free?

Copper is the best out of all IKON resorts for carving. Personally, it is the best of all the resorts in summit (some may beg to differ but IMHO it is.). There are so many runs that is suited.@b.freecan chime in here.

Abasin grooming hasn’t been the best last year. I only been there 2x early season as I always go to Copper. Abasin is limited on the good carving runs. 

i go there on Tuesday and Sunday, it would nice to ride with you. There are other like @b.freewho rides at Copper as well.

• Like 2

If'n Your up for it, you can come slum at the luv on sunday,.  I hear that there is a good crew there that can get you a buddy pass...

unless it's on the 30th, then most of us will be on our way to Montucky

Edited by big mario

I just returned from my second week at Copper.  Yep.  The local guys have it.  We put in prolly 7k per day alone lapping Copperopolis in the mornings. Collage, Andy's Encore, even the right side of Main Vein which everyone seems to ignore.  You always seem to bump into friendly fruitbooters there as well. Light crowds during the week too. 👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, big mario said:

If'n Your up for it, you can come slum at the luv on sunday,.  I hear that there is a good crew there that can get you a buddy pass...

unless it's on the 30th, then most of us will be on our way to Montucky

Hey Mario,

I'll take you up on that. I'd love to ride with the Loveland crew on Sunday, 1/23.

13 hours ago, yamifumi said:

Awesome 😎 I should be back by 1/23 and ride there (Copper) on Tuesday 1/25. 

Hey Yamifumi,

If I ride at Loveland on Sunday, let's ride Tuesday!

• Like 2

Copper on non-holiday weekdays.

A-Basin for weekends/holidays.

Edge towards Copper on weekends if no new snow has fallen (any snow, even half an inch, will draw out the powtards from hiding).

From Copper, you will face I-70 penalties back home to Frisco on Sundays if you leave late.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yamifumi said:

@ktv, I got 4 pak so you can use one of my 4 pak if you want…

Soooo, does that mean you are going to grace us with your presence too, @yamifumi?

Mini session at the love. 

@Carvin' Marvin @b.free @Odd Job can you make it over next Sunday? Anyone else, passholders can get a buddy ticket.

ink

Edited by inkaholic
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Soooo, does that mean you are going to grace us with your presence too, @yamifumi?

@Carvin' Marvin @b.free @Odd Job can you make it over next Sunday? Anyone else, passholders can get a buddy ticket.

ink

I’d like to but I won’t be back until 1/23. If there is anyone who can give @ktvone of his/her 4-pak, I can give mine to that person later.

17 hours ago, inkaholic said:

ink

Man that sounds super fun but I'm off snow for a couple weeks due to some family obligations.  Can't wait for the next time though

• Like 1