Note to New Members ×

Skiers vs snowboarders

AcousticBoarder

I was surprised when I learned that there are still resorts that do not allow snowboarders. Last time I was not allowed not a lift was in the eighties.

Nowadays when I look over my shoulder I am actually more (almost only) worried about skiers running into me now that I think of it. With the advent of carve skies, the average speed of skiers has increased a lot (while requiring less skill). 

Can someone dress up as a skier and do a parody of the above Alta video at the MCC?😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some of the criticisms leveled against snowboarders are not without merit, but there are also a lot of skiers who act the same way.  The fact that Alta is on USFS land is troubling though, especially since we all pay taxes to support it.  Ultimately, why would I want to ride around skiers who hate me just because I am on a board?  The funny thing is, I can slap on a pair of skis (as well as tele skis) and blow the doors off 90% of those who ski at Alta.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:08 AM, TimW said:

I was surprised when I learned that there are still resorts that do not allow snowboarders. Last time I was not allowed not a lift was in the eighties.

Nowadays when I look over my shoulder I am actually more (almost only) worried about skiers running into me now that I think of it. With the advent of carve skies, the average speed of skiers has increased a lot (while requiring less skill). 

Can someone dress up as a skier and do a parody of the above Alta video at the MCC?😀

MCC welcomes 2 planked family members; last time they [2 planked ones] behaved very good😀

• Haha 1