Note to New Members ×

Solicited in Wanted to Buy: caution

rjnakata

A guy named "Husky" ping'd me with the following:

"SilverSn0w has been trying to part out with his standard TD2 Uppers.. I'll suggest that you should contact him to know if it's still available..‪ alexmusson847@gmail.com You can email him.."

I didn't reach out to this guy as I like to just wait to chat with people and if he had anything, he would have reached out to me....

2 minutes ago, TVR said:

A guy named "Husky" ping'd me with the following:

"SilverSn0w has been trying to part out with his standard TD2 Uppers.. I'll suggest that you should contact him to know if it's still available..‪ alexmusson847@gmail.com You can email him.."

Confirmed: scam

• Like 1

This is sad and the second time in under 6 months. This isn't a gathering of rich people, and this is sad that this happens.

I don't think Jack should take any overarching action, but whenever anyone reaches out to sell, or tell you of a potential seller, check their membership longevity and also look at their number of posts. 

Good luck all, and we hope we can keep this legit by calling out what we see...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rjnakata said:

I was contacted by an hours old member (a Siberian dog breed) to contact "SilverSn0w" at alexmusson847@XXXX.XXX  about both my hard to find WTB items.   There is no SilverSn0w member.   

Did anyone else have a similar experience? 

Yes. Yesterday. Same thing. Same message and email address. Husky 4 hours new member. SilverSn0w nonexistent member.   

Ditto!    Husky suggested I contact Alexander Musson at: alexmusson847@gmail.com for my WTB parts listings

Guy was clueless as to what I was after in WTB....only that "it's boxed and ready to ship!....so no photos available!!"

Dirt bag scamers!

• Like 1

Kind of funny though....

We have in this channel the furthest left and the furthest right on the political spectrum...
These two sides fight to the point of anger....

But you have some stranger who comes in THIS HOUSE and tries to do a scam, and the big stiff arm gets extended with huge force as all rally together...  all fight together ....

We seem to be a dysfunctional family here by all measures... but family all the same....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TVR said:

But you have some stranger who comes in THIS HOUSE and tries to do a scam, and the big stiff arm gets extended with huge force as all rally together...  all fight together ....

What? You'd prefer a scammer to stay active? 

I hope I'm missing your point... 

no... the point is:  A family always stick together when attacked. The scammer is an attack on this house. People put their personal feelings aside to unite against this cause... it is like a family does...

<sigh> it was meant to be a warm welcoming message of unity......    

I get the point.  Nothing united a group faster than outside/external threat.  
Hence the need for a bogey man.  It's human nature/social identify to pit us against "them"/outsider.
Hope one day we as a specie will evolved beyond that.  I am not perfect but want to look for what united instead focus on things which divide us.

7 hours ago, TVR said:

no... the point is:  A family always stick together when attacked. The scammer is an attack on this house. People put their personal feelings aside to unite against this cause... it is like a family does...

<sigh> it was meant to be a warm welcoming message of unity......    

Ah, gross misunderstanding on my part. Sorry! 

Gotcha, and agreed! 

I received the same Husky to Silversn0w suggestion after posting in WTB.  When I reached out to the email, I received a photo of exactly what I was looking for (Apex Allflex mounting hardware), but now no response and the email is disabled. If it was a scam I got lucky, because I would have paid for the item.