Note to New Members ×

Beaver Creek

Odd Job

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nope. I just cursed at myself and walked really quickly through the town square wishing everyone else would get out of my way.

Avon is like BreckenBrah with blood pressure medication. Pretty chill; I exuded all signals of a tech geek remote brah at Loaded Joe's.

I would even consider moving to Avon if... it wasn't so warm.

Hahaha that’s funny. Yeah when we moved from Summit to Eagle county we were like “oh yeah old people exist, that’s right”. Tons of crazy rich old people over here. I personally find the weather much more favorable year round over here but the riding season is definitely shorter and a basin is an hour away. 

3 hours ago, Kneel said:

👈  This old guy will be in CO from 2/22 to 3/3. @Carvin' Marvin, you off to Mexico then? Thinking about wandering over from Summit to Eagle county to ride Vail or BC and could use a tour guide if you're not already tired of helping the elderly... 👍

Arrowhead lift is a great easier carving area "easier". Probably like a medium to easier blue.

Centennial lift has my favorite run. 1876 which is near the end; it is just... steep and wide.

I'm not sure, but it's probably steeper than that little steep section somewhat near the end on Rosie's run at Copper. Where afterwards, things start funneling towards the next last pitch before the Superbee lift.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kneel said:

👈  This old guy will be in CO from 2/22 to 3/3. @Carvin' Marvin, you off to Mexico then? Thinking about wandering over from Summit to Eagle county to ride Vail or BC and could use a tour guide if you're not already tired of helping the elderly... 👍

Feb 28 or March 1 would work great. Could do that weekend too but I’m not a big crowds guy. I’d love to show you around. Beav is better for really getting after it and Vail is a little more casual IMO. BC has more good groomed steeps like OJ mentioned. Vail holds softer snow better but also holds more people. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Feb 28 or March 1 would work great. Could do that weekend too but I’m not a big crowds guy. I’d love to show you around. Beav is better for really getting after it and Vail is a little more casual IMO. BC has more good groomed steeps like OJ mentioned. Vail holds softer snow better but also holds more people. 

Monday the 28th would be great. Both are fine actually. What the hell else do I have to do aside from lap Copperopolis. So long as the LCI doesn't kill me on Sunday. Vail still crazy on a Monday? I'm in for either... 👍

17 hours ago, Kneel said:

Monday the 28th would be great. Both are fine actually. What the hell else do I have to do aside from lap Copperopolis. So long as the LCI doesn't kill me on Sunday. Vail still crazy on a Monday? I'm in for either... 👍

Sounds great I’ll mark it down! I actually had a sublime time at Vail yesterday. Empty slopes and

9.5/10 carving snow. Can’t really go wrong with either. We can see how it shakes out.   Vail has been really manageable this year. Not sure where those 50% more people that bought epic passes are. They don’t seem to be here. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Odd Job said:

Not kidding. But I've only been to Copper once this year.

I'm also biased since I am a bus stop away from Peak 9. I heard Peak 10 just opened... hmmmm......

My favorite carving runs (steep pitch variety) are at Beaver Creek + Copper still.

In the ole GS days, before PGS, we raced down Cimarron to FlapJack. Dang that was a long course. 

ink

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, kitejumping said:

Me enjoying some BC groomers the other day, with the big storm moving through might be a bit till its firm enough for my liking again.  Grooming has been suspect but hopefully things get leveled out a bit better after the cats make more passes over all the new terrain they just opened. 

Coverage at least good? Or should I bring my rock board that is still really really good? All I care about is good runs with a pitch, no rocks. Don't care if it's an ice skating rink.